We got together with our friend Beth from Hungry Happenings & thought it would be fun to gather up a group of our favorite bloggers to create Gingerbread goodies! When I talked with my boys about what we were going to include they said…ewww…gingerbread! I guess they are not fans of gingerbread. They suggested making something that looks like gingerbread boys & girls, but leaving out the gingerbread part. SO…that is what we did! We created these No Gingerbread Boy & Girl Cookie Pops so you can get the cute gingerbread man look without the gingerbread flavor. We had so much fun making these & this is such a fun edible Christmas craft that the kids can help make themselves!
You will not want to miss the amazing collection of Gingerbread creations below from some of our favorite bloggers…they are all so talented & amazing! Lots of great ideas…especially for all of you gingerbread lovers!:) Lets not forget the BIG GIVEAWAY that you can enter in below as well…tons of fantastic prizes!
No Gingerbread Boy & Girl Cookie Pops
Vanilla Wafers (regular & mini)
Chocolate & White Cookie Icing (Betty Crocker)
Red & Green Sprinkles
Fruit Roll Ups (red & green)
Decorative Straws or Lollipop Sticks
Start out by cutting the marshmallows in half using kitchen scissors. Squeeze some of the chocolate onto the regular sized vanilla wafers. place the marshmallow halves on top into a sandwich….let that dry. When dry attach the mini wafer cookies on the sides & bottom using frosting to look like arms & feet. We used white frosting for make shirts & decorated by cutting fruit roll ups into clothes. We also decorates using sprinkles. Push them on sticks & that’s it!
Here they are meeting for the first time…
Here is our boy…
Here is our girl…
My boys had fun playing with these for a long time before they gobbled them up!:)
There are so many fun ways for the kids to get creative with these using candies that you have on hand. We hope that you have just as much fun making them as we did!:)
Now it’s time for….
Give the Gift of Gingerbread Blog Hop and Giveaway
Use the links below to hop from blog to blog
to see these wonderful gingerbread themed recipes.
1. No Gingerbread Boy and Girl Cookie Pops by Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
2. Caramel Cocoa Egg Nog Custard Gingerbread Men by Hungry Happenings
3. Gingerbread Angle Ornament by Haniela’s
4. Gingerbread Men Bubble Bath by Creative Kids Snacks
5. Peeps Gingerbread Men Cookie Pops by Pint Sized Baker
6. Gingerbread Decorating Ideas by Living Locurto
7. Peanuts Gang Gingerbread Men by Sugar Swings
8. Gingerbread House Cookie Bites by The Decorated Cookie
9. Gingerbread Cookie Christmas Trees by Munchkin’ Munchies
10. Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Barefoot Baker
11. Gingerbread Sleigh Ride by the Partiologist
12. Mini Fudge Gingerbread Houses by Hoopla Palooza
13. Chocolate Gingerbread Cake by Bird on a Cake
14. Simple Gingerbread Christmas Trees by Sweet Sugar Belle
15. Gingerbread Cookie Cups by Creative Juice
16. Gingerbread Puppy Chow by Make Bake Celebrate
17. No Bake Gingerbread Heads by Party Pinching
18. Snowboarding Gingerbread Peeps by Sweet Simple Stuff
19. Gingerbread S’More Houses with Boozy Eggnog Marshmallow Filling by 1 Fine Cookie
Thanks to our amazing sponsors, you have a chance to win one of these prizes:
Shabby Apple – Choice of a Dress (from a list) $100 value
Wilton – Gingerbread Decorating Prize Pack $50 value
Cheap Cookie Cutters – $50 Gift Card
Sweet Works – Candy Prize Pack $25 value
Easy Lunchboxes – lunch box set $22 value
Karen’s Cookies – $20 gift card
Sweet Simple Stuff – Cake Pop Prize Pack $20 value
CandiQuick – CandiQuick Prize Pack $25 value
The Give the Gift of Gingerbread Giveaway will run from December 11 through December 17, 2013. Entrants must be US residents, 18 years or older Void where prohibited by law. Enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below. One winner will be chosen to win the entire prize pack and will have 48 hours to respond with their mailing information. If the winner does not respond in 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.Enter this Giveaway here….
You can check out all of our other fun food Christmas creations HERE!