We decided to decorate a smoothie recipe from Deborah’s fantastic new book Taste and Tell…100 Best Smoothies for Kids. We called it a Sunshine Smoothie and my boys just loved it! It is SO easy to make it will brighten up your kids mornings for breakfast or just a fun & healthy summer snack.
We are so excited to share the new book from Taste and Tell…100 Best Smoothies for Kids! This book is packed full of colorful and tasty smoothies to load up your kids on healthy foods. I especially love it because smoothies are the only way I can get my 4 year old to eat fruit. He loves fruit smoothies, but hates eating fruit….it’s weird!
This book includes 100 smoothie recipes that kids will love, all free of added sugars and packed with fruits, vegetables and flavor! Deborah has 3 kids of her own as well so she knows what kids are going to like. My boys have loved these recipes so far and they are pretty picky kids!
(Peach Mango Smoothie)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Frozen Sliced Peaches
- 1 Cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Slices of Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Strawberry
- 2 Blueberries
- Pour the milk into a blender. Add the peaches and mangoes.
- Slice the banana and add it to the blender along with the vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Cut triangle shapes from your slices of pineapple. Cut a slit on one side close to the flat edge and press the slits onto the rim of a glass. Cut a piece from a strawberry to make a mouth and add 2 blueberries for the eyes.
Here is my 4 year old with his fun Sunshine Smoothie…
My boys loved this Peach Mango Smoothie recipe and can’t wait to try every single one of them!
If you like our Sunshine Smoothie…make sure to check out our other fun healthy fun food ideas HERE!