We created this adorable Summer Crab Beach Breakfast using Driscoll’s berries and this is very easy to make.
We are soaking up every bit of summer this week since my boys start back to school this next Tuesday! We have enjoyed every bit of our summer break packing in outdoor fun, swimming, camping, vacations, water parks, and even having summer fun with our food.
This was a huge hit with my boys and they just loved it! It’s a fun way to get your kids to eat lots of healthy and delicious berries for breakfast. This complete breakfast including pancakes, eggs, and fruit will start out your summer mornings with big smiling faces.
Summer Crab Beach Breakfast
- 2 Large Driscoll’s Strawberries
- Driscoll’s Blueberries (large hand full)
- Pancake Mix
- 1 Apple Slice
- 4 Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg (beaten)
1. Start out by pouring your pancake mix in a large pan over low heat in a rectangle large enough to fit the bottom of your plate. Let the pancake cool just a bit and then cut it with kitchen scissors to your desired shape to look like a beach.
2. Cut the two large Driscoll’s strawberries in half and place the halves on the pancake. Cut thin slices from the other halves and make little legs and snappers using a knife.
3. Place the mini marshmallows on top of the strawberries for eyes. Place the chocolate chips on top of the marshmallows for pupils.
4. Line two rows of blueberries on top of the pancake. Place your apple slice on top of the blueberries to look like a boat. Take a piece of the pancake scraps and cut out a pole using kitchen scissors. Cut out a triangle from piece of your strawberry scraps to look like a flag.
5. Beat your egg in a small bowl. Pour the beaten egg into a pan over low heat like you are making a omelette. Flip it over until cooked through and place it on a work surface. Cut out a circle using a lid or round cookie cutter and place it on a plate. Cut off the edges to fit using a knife. Cut out strips from the rest of the egg and place them on the edges of the sun.
We created this fun breakfast idea in partnership with Driscoll’s for their fun Fun Food Art campaign.
Make sure to check out all of the cute food ideas on the Driscoll’s site HERE. Do you have a fun food idea using Driscoll’s berries? Share by snapping a picture of it and tagging it with #pictureperfectplate!
If you like our Summer Crab Beach Breakfast…make sure to check our other fun Breakfast ideas HERE!