It’s time to pick some apple pie filling and a package of cinnamon rolls and whip up this incredible Apple Streusel Slab Pie. People rave over it!
I’ve written often about how much I love apple recipes in autumn. The smell of an apple dessert will bathe your entire house in the fragrant, warm smells of the season. Definitely try our Apple Pie Cake and this Apple Bread Pudding after you make this recipe. I’m not overstating how delicious they are.
Apple Streusel Slab Pie
I so love baking with apples, even more in the fall of the year. This particular recipe takes something most people love and adds a sweet streusel topping to make it extra special.
The recipe uses refrigerated cinnamon rolls and canned apple pie filling. I like it when I can bake something delicious, but cut back a little on the time it takes to make it because of the inclusion of prepared ingredients.
It’s a good way to put together something homemade, delightfully sweet and worthy of serving to special guests who drop by to jump in the leaves. (That’s what we all do, right?)
This streusel is pretty darn simple to make. Crumble together the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter using your fingers or a fork. Next, you’ll mix in the pecan pieces for a streusel that’s simply as yummy as yummy can get!
Not sure what you do, but I use my fingers. I’m a baker who believes God gave us fingers so we can check cake doneness, determine if we put too much salt in the batter, and make good streusel.
Do you use your fingers when you’re baking something? Or do you prefer a knife, spoon, and fork?
No matter, really. Use whichever kitchen utensil you like to make our Apple Streusel Slab Pie. The most important thing is to make it … and then come back here and tell us what your family thought. We’d love to hear!
Apple Streusel Slab Pie
- 4 Cans of refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with icing
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C pecan pieces
- 4 Cans of Apple Pie filling
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with pam baking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together until crumbly the flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon and butter with your fingers or fork
- Mix in the pecans to create the the streusel
- Pop open the cinnamon roll containers and lay out cinnamon rolls onto a cutting board
- Cut the cinnamon rolls in half
- Flatten out each half evenly and place onto the cookie sheet to cover the entire bottom and sides
- Spread the 4 cans of apple pie filling evenly on top of the cinnamon rolls
- Sprinkle evenly the streusel on top of the apple pie filling
- Bake in the oven for 50 - 65 min or until the cinnamons rolls are golden brown on top
- Allow to cool for an hour
- Place the cinnamon roll icing into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together smoothly the softened cream cheese and the icing
- Drizzle over the slab pie
- Cut into bars and enjoy!