We can all say that Donuts are by far the best invention on the planet! Well, the best thing about it, is that you can add so many delicious flavors. This Apple Pie Donuts recipe has amazing flavor to share with your friends and family.
Apple Pie Donuts
This sweet and fluffy Apple Pie Donuts recipe is incredible. Donuts are super fun to make and prepare. The recipe is simple to follow with not many advanced ingredients to use. You may already have them in your kitchen. Share this recipe and write is down to enjoy for any occasion.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results
- Baking powder- This will allow the ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Baking soda- This will let the batter double in size.
- Light brown sugar- This will add a richer flavor to your Donuts.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs for the best results
- Buttermilk- This will add lightness to your batter.
- Butter- Best to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure for best flavoring.
- Apple pie spice- This will be additional spice to your apple flavor.
- Sugar- All good donuts need sugar
- Powdered sugar- This will be for your vanilla glaze on top.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2%.
- Apple Pie Filling- This will be the signature apple flavor in your recipe.
How to Make This Apple Pie Donuts
Evenly spray a doughnut pan with Pam and set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and apple pie spice and whisk using a medium bowl.
Add together the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk using a large bowl.
Slowly whisk in dry ingredients into the wet until well mixed.
Next, add and scoop the ingredients into a piping bag.
Fill up the doughnut sections with batter.
For 11-13 minutes or until a light brown, bake in your oven.
Take out of the oven and set aside to cool.
Remove from the pan and set on a wire rack.
Add in all ingredients into a medium bowl.
Using your hands, work the mixture into your fingers until a crumble forms.
Add together the powdered sugar, whole milk and vanilla until whisk and combined in a medium bowl.
Building the doughnuts
Dip the completed Donuts into the glaze and set on the wire rack.
Sprinkle a little bit of the streusel on top and spoon some of the apple pie
filling into the middle of the doughnuts.
Are These Donuts Baked or Fried?
This recipe is baked donuts. However, if you choose to you can fry them. Although, when you bake your ingredients in requires a lot less oil and is healthier for you.
What Toppings Can I Put on Apple Pie Donuts?
You can add all sorts of delicious ingredients to this Donuts recipe. You want to add things that compliment the apple flavor. I think the best choice would be caramel or chocolate.
More Donut Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts (4-ingredients)
- Gingerbread Donuts
- Blueberry Lemon Donuts
- Baked Strawberry Donuts
Baked Apple Pie Donuts
Donut Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spay a doughnut pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and apple pie spice
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Scoop the batter into the piping bag
- Fill the doughnut cavity with the batter
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Remove the doughnuts from the pan and place onto a wire rack
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl
- Using your finger, work the mixture into a coarse like crumble
- Set aside
Vanilla glaze Directions
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, whole milk and vanilla until combined
Building the doughnuts :
- Dip the doughnuts into the vanilla glaze and place onto the wire rack
- Sprinkle some streusel on top of the donuts and scoop apple pie
- filling into the center of the doughnuts
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag