Banana Split Cheesecake is a delicious combo of strawberry and banana homemade cheesecake topped with bananas, chocolate and cherry.
We love all things cheesecakes because they’re tasty and can be made in so many ways and so many flavors. The possibilities really do seem endless. This recipe goes straight to the top!
Banana Split Cheesecake
A no-bake dessert like this one is perfect for summer. It’s a cool, light dessert with refreshing strawberry and banana flavors. With chocolate, cherries and bananas on top, it really does taste so much like a banana split!
Even though it’s beautiful, this dessert is not complicated at all.
Here Is What You’ll Need
- Graham Cracker Crumbs. Do yourself a favor and use the pre-made crumbs.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Butter. Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Cream Cheese. Be sure to soften completely or it’s impossible to mix.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Lemon Juice.
- Gel Food Coloring. Make sure that the color you choose is gel not liquid. The liquid color makes the batter runny.
- Strawberry & Banana Food Flavoring. We use Goodman’s flavoring found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
- Vanilla Frosting. Any brand you’d like.
- Maraschino Cherries.
- Chocolate Syrup.
How To Make A Banana Split Cheesecake
- Crust. Make a simple graham cracker crust with crumbs, sugar and butter. Press them into your pan and let set in the freezer.
- Cheesecake. Mix up your cheesecake batter and split it into two bowls.
- Color and Flavor. First, color one bowl of cheesecake with yellow coloring and flavor it with banana. Then, color the second bowl with pink and flavor with strawberry.
- Layer. Pour the strawberry batter over the crust and place into the freezer. After that layer is set, pour banana on top. Chill.
- Decorate. When you’re ready to serve, add your icing, cherries, bananas and chocolate syrup.
Do I Need To Use A Spring-Form Pan?
Yes! The reason is, this type of pan makes removing a cheesecake incredibly easy. If you plan to make cheesecakes this is a must-have kitchen tool.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
Banana Split Cheesecake
- 2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 Stick of Butter melted
- 6 packages of cream cheese - 8 ounces softened
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of GOODMAN'S Banana Flavoring
- 2 Tablespoons of GOODMAN'S Strawberry Flavoring
- Neon Yellow food coloring gel
- Neon Pink food coloring gel
- 1 can of Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Banana
- Maraschino Cherries
- Hershey's Chocolate Ice Cream Syrup
- Line the bottom of the Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and set aside.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs together with sugar.
- Pour melted butter over crumbs and stir.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs evenly into the bottom of the Spring-form pan, and place the pan in the freezer.
- Place the can of Vanilla frosting in the refrigerator. (It's much easier to pipe the frosting when it's chilled!)
- Mix the softened cream cheese until it's smooth, and not lumpy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar and lemon juice and mix well; until cheesecake mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls.
- In one bowl, add banana flavoring and blend well.
- Then, add the yellow coloring, mix again, and place in the fridge.
- In the other bowl, add the strawberry flavoring, and pink food coloring gel.
- Remove the spring-form pan from the freezer, and add the pink layer on top of the crust, and smooth out evenly in the pan.
- Place the pan back in the freezer and leave for 4 hours or until cheesecake is set and frozen to the touch.
- When the pink layer is ready, pour the yellow layer of cheesecake on top of the strawberry layer.
- Place the pan back in the freezer, and leave until the cheesecake is set or frozen to the touch, about 3 - 4 hours.
- When ready to serve the cheesecake, remove the spring-form from the pan.
- Slice the banana in 1/4 inch slices and place on top of the cheesecake.
- Pipe the Vanilla frosting in large dollops around the edge of the cheesecake.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup all over the top of the cheesecake, and top with Maraschino cherries on top of the frosting dollops.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
- 7 inch spring-form pan
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag - to pipe frosting
- Large Frosting tip - for piping