We discovered this awesome product called BeKoool that is great for kids (and adults) when sick with a fever and wanted to share!
As a nation and global community, we are going through scary times- all our children are home from school indefinitely. Joking aside, the Coronavirus– or COVID-19- outbreak has us all rightfully concerned with our family’s health, especially that of our children. We face the prospect of needing to maintain our own working schedules, monitor our children’s learning, and ensure that they remain healthy and happy. To do this, we will likely need to adjust in ways we haven’t had to in the past. Below are some tips that hopefully will help you as much as they’ve helped me and my family.
Maintaining Health at Home
- Routine is a large part of everyone’s lives- whether we enjoy it or not. At school and work, we are accustomed to a daily schedule that helps us to be productive and use our time wisely. While at home, work with your kids to make a daily schedule that allows them to keep up with schoolwork, stay entertained, and accomplish any chores and household tasks. When children have a schedule, this can hopefully allow you to make a schedule for yourself and your tasks.
- Being home gives you a chance to encourage healthy eating in yourself and your whole family. Eating well promotes health, the immune system, feelings of wellbeing and body functions. Having your children home provides the opportunity to teach your children firsthand the importance of a balanced diet.
- Sleeping an adequate amount gives your body and mind a much-needed break. While you’re sleeping your body works to lower inflammation, regulate mood, and boost learning.
- Be sure to move! Staying home all day can have us feeling lethargic and melancholy- but nothing helps to boost your mood like exercise. Simple activities like yoga, jump rope, and body weight exercises can be done at home. Children can take part in small group family activities like kicking a soccer ball, walks, hikes or simply playing outdoors in the yard.
BeKoool Fever Patch
When Sickness Strikes
- If you or your children begin to experience flu-like symptoms, see the doctor immediately. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, pain in the chest, and occasionally confusion. To check if your symptoms could line up with COVID-19, this government website can help: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/index.html
- If your sickness is minor- such as a cold or lite fever, be sure to stay hydrated with water and electrolyte sports drinks. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer and attempt to lower it by using a BeKoool Fever Patch placed on the forehead. (You can find a discount here! https://bekoooloffer.com/ )
- And moms, if you find yourself struggling with headaches and migraines, try BeKoool Migraine Patch soft gel sheets to soothe your discomfort and get back to feeling like yourself! (psst! Check out this link for a discount: https://bekoooloffer.com/)
You can find a Fever Patch Discount HERE!
However, you’re handling this storm, know that you are not alone. Although social distancing is difficult, family and friends are a phone call, text, or skype away, and they would love to hear from you. As always, we’re here for you at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons. Have a blessed day.