Sloppy Joe’s are an old-time favorite. These Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes are a delicious dish that you can make for a simple weeknight dinner or make. large batch for a get together. These bacon sloppy joes are absolutely amazing anytime.
Bacon Sloppy Joes
This recipe for Bacon Sloppy Joes dis is easy and simple to make. This bold and tangy recipe will be a great meal to enjoy with your closest family and friends. They will for sure love this recipe and may become a favorite. This dish is amazing for any occasion, or for lunch or dinner!
- Ground sirloin- You can use any type of ground beef.
- Sweet onion –Use sweet onions for a great flavor.
- Red pepper – Be sure to chop your red pepper.
- Bacon – Cook the bacon crispy.
- Worcestershire sauce- This sauce will add a tangy flavor to your dish.
- Soy sauce- This will add a slight saltiness to your dish.
- Tomato sauce- This will be the main ingredient to make your sauce.
- Ketchup- This will add a sweeter tomato taste to your recipe.
- Chili powder- This will be added in your sauce for spice.
- Cumin-The cumin will add an smoky flavor to your recipe.
- Paprika- Depending on the type you use, it will make your sauce spicy.
- Dry mustard- When mixed with water it will release flavoring.
- Brown Sugar-The brown sugar will add a richer flavor to your dish.
- Garlic salt -The garlic salt will be for taste
- Seasoned salt –This will be another spice for taste and the salt will bring out the flavors in your dish.
- Hamburger buns – The toasted buns will be the best bread to use.
How to Make Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
In a large skillet, be sure to brown the ground sirloin and cook it until it is completely done with no pink and it is dark brown.
Then, using paper towels, drain the excess fat, and place the sirloin back in the skillet. After you want to take your chopped onion and chopped red pepper and add it to the skillet and for five minutes cook on low.
Then you will take the bacon and cook it until it is completely cooked and crispy, then you will drain the fat from it and set aside.
Add to your skillet the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and stir well. Pour in your tomato sauce and ketchup, chili powder, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, brown sugar, garlic salt and seasoned salt and mix well.
For about 20 minutes let your ingredients simmer.
Next, while you’re ingredients are simmering, toast your buns, using either a toaster or if you choose a cookie sheet in the oven, you want to toast them until they’re light golden brown.
Then, after 20 minutes mix the sloppy joes and crumble the bacon over your meat mixture and mix.
When you are ready to serve place your meat on your toasted buns along with chips of your choosing and any choice of condiments.
Can I Use Ground Turkey for This?
While using ground sirloin gives the truest flavor for when people think of sloppy joe, if you prefer ground turkey or want to make this healthier with ground turkey breast, you can certainly make the change.
What to Serve with Sloppy Joes
More Side Dish Recipes to Serve with Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Easy Funeral Potatoes Recipe
- Creamy Bacon Pea Salad
- Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 10 strips bacon cooked and drained
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 can Tomato sauce 14-16 ounces
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Garlic salt to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1 package hamburger buns toasted
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sirloin until it's completely cooked, no pink is left, and it's a dark brown. Drain excess fat on paper towels, and place browned sirloin back in skillet. Add the chopped onion, and chopped red pepper to the skillet and cook on low for 5 minutes. Cook the bacon, and drain the fat from it, and set aside. Add the Worcestershire sauce, and the Soy sauce to the skillet, and stir well. Add the tomato sauce, and ketchup, chili powder, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, brown sugar, garlic salt, and seasoned salt, and stir well. Let simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- While Sloppy Joe's are simmering, toast the buns, either in the toaster, or on a cookie sheet in the oven, just until they're lightly toasted. After 20 minutes, stir the Sloppy Joe's, and crumble the bacon over the meat mixture, and stir. Serve on toasted buns, either open face, or as sandwiches, along with chips, and condiments of choice (i.e., pickles, olives, banana peppers, relish, or other favorites). Enjoy!
- Makes approximately 6 - 8 servings
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.