Do you want a delicious and sweet cake to share with your friends and family? This wonderful Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake is a great dessert to have for any special occasion. This recipe looks so simple, yet full of flavor!
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
This Pumpkin Cake is so easy to prepare and it will be ready in no time at all. This recipe doesn’t have many complex ingredients and the directions are easy to follow along with. This dessert will come out super moist and smooth with the sweet scent of pumpkin. Be sure to write this recipe down for the books!
Bundt cakes are so easy to make and there are so many varieties. Easy Lemon Bundt Cake and Caramel Apple Bundt Cake are just a few of my favorites.
- Flour- Be sure to use all-purpose flour for best results.
- Baking soda- This will help your cake rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Ground cinnamon- You can ground your own ingredients for best flavoring.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This will give you cake that pumpkin flavor.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the salt in a recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add moisture to your cake.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in it.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness of the ingredients and make the cake tender.
- Pumpkin puree- Be sure to use puree and not pie filling.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be used in your glaze.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade icing.
How to Make a Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Set the oven to 350 degrees and oil a 9in pan with pam.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
Using a huge bowl, mix the butter, light brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until combined.
Mix in the sour cream and pumpkin puree.
Slowly beat in the dry ingredients.
Pour batter into the prepared dish and heat for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before putting it onto a wire rack.
Make the glaze
Using a medium pot, soften the butter.
Mix in the brown sugar and cream until combined.
Bring the mixture to a moderate simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
Take away from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar, pumpkin flavor and salt until combined.
Pour over the cake Let the cake sit for 30 minutes before serving!
Do I Have to Use a Bundt Pan?
For this Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake, I am using a bundt pan, but you don’t need to. However, using a different pan will change the cooking time depending on the size. Cooking at 350 degrees in a regular cake pan will cut the time to about 30-35 minutes.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
- Instant Pot Easter Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Bundt Cake
- Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
- Spiced Rum Bacon and Chocolate Bundt Cake
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 2 ¼ C flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 ½ C light brown sugar packed
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 C sour cream
- ½ C pumpkin puree
Pumpkin Spice Glaze :
- 4 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- ¼ C heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9in bundt pan with pam baking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, light brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time until combined
- Beat in the sour cream and pumpkin puree
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before placing it onto a wire rack
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the butter
- Whisk in the brown sugar and heavy cream until combined
- Bring the mixture to a slow simmer for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar, pumpkin spice and salt until combined
- Pour over the bundt cake
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes before enjoying!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.