If you have a weakness for cake, this is going to become your favorite Easter cake. Cadbury Creme Egg Cake is a decadent chocolate cake that brings together the richness of Cadbury Creme eggs. This cake is simple to make and has such an amazing flavor.
Cadbury Creme Egg Cake Recipe
Triple layer cakes always look fabulous and adds that bakery feel to your desserts. You will not believe how easy it is to make this cake to impress your friends and family. once you add the caramel and Cadbury Eggs to this recipe, you are going to have an impressive looking and delicious tasting cake.
Ingredients in Cadbury Creme Egg Cake
- Triple chocolate cake mix – Using cake mix helps you to save time when making this Cadbury Creme Egg. You can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe if you prefer.
- Whole milk
- Unsalted sweet cream butter – I always recommend using unsalted butter. This way you can control the amount of salt that is in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar – This is the base of the frosting recipe.
- Vanilla extract – Always try to use real and not imitation vanilla. It will give a better flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream- Heavy cream is used to get the right consistency in the frosting.
- Caramel sauce –This is located in the ice cream topping section for most grocery stores.
- Mini Cadbury eggs
- Cadbury eggs
How to Make a Cadbury Creme Egg Cake
Preheat the oven and prepare the cake pans.
Using the mixer, make the cake batter and then divide it between the 3 cake pans.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely.
Then remove the cakes from the pans and cut the domes off.
Make the Frosting
Combine the frosting ingredients and beat it well until it is smooth and starts to form stiff peaks.
Place 1 cup of frosting into the piping bag and set it aside for later use.
Build the Cadbury Creme Egg Cake
Place the first cake onto the cake board.
Add 1 cup of frosting to the cake and smooth it evenly.
Drizzle the caramel sauce over the frosting
Place the 2nd cake layer on top and then repeat with the frosting and caramel.
Place the last cake layer on top and scoop more frosting and cover the entire cake.
Use the caramel sauce and add drips to the top of the cake.
Use the piping bag that you filled and pipe big dollops along the top of the cake.
Cut the Cadbury Eggs in half and then place them along the top of the cake between the dollops.
Place a few of the small ones around the bottom of the cake.
Refrigerate the cake for 1 hour to harden the frosting to make it easier to cut.
Can I Use Cadbury Chocolate For Baking?
Does This Cake Need to Be Refrigerated?
This cake can be stored at room temperature. It does not need to be refrigerated. You do want to make sure it is covered well and protected from the air or the cake will get dry and stale and will not taste good.
Cadbury Creme Egg Cake Recipe
- 2 boxes triple chocolate cake mix
- 2 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 large eggs
Chocolate cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 3 9 inch round cake pans with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, beat all cake ingredients together until fully combined.
- Divide batter between the 3 baking pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- Allow to cool completely on the counter.
- Once cooled, remove cakes from cake pan and cut the domes off
- Using a cake slicer, slice off the tops of the domes
Vanilla Frosting directions:
- Using a standing mixer, beat on low-medium speed the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream until all combined, smooth and stiff with peaks
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag and set aside
Build cake directions:
- Place the first cake layer onto the cake board
- Scoop 1 C of vanilla frosting onto the cake layer and smooth evenly with the angled spatula
- Drizzle caramel sauce onto the top of the frosting
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting
- Scoop another cup of frosting onto the top of the second cake layer and smooth evenly
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 cake leveler
- 3 9inch round cake pans
- 1 10inch round cake board
- 1 large disposable piping bag fitted with a star tip
- 1 mini angled spatula