This Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake recipe is layered with moist cake, cream cheese frosting and cheesecake. This is the best way to make a carrot cake!
After making our delicious Carrot Cupcakes, we decided to keep our love for this dessert going. Not only did we perfect our carrot cake recipe, but we added in a layer of spiced cheesecake for good measure. Go big or go home, I say!
The Best Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake Recipe
I distinctly remember turning my nose at carrot cake for the longest time. Why would I ever want carrots inside of my cake?? The idea seemed crazy to me.
Can you imagine being the first person to create this idea? I have to believe a lot of people thought they were totally nuts.
After seeing person after person not only eat this vegetable-filled cake, but really love it, I decided to give it a try. I’m sure you know now how it went: I loved it, too. I only wish it hadn’t taken me so long to realize it!
Layered Carrot Cake
For the base cake layer, start by mixing the sugar, oil and eggs together first. Once that is creamed together, you’ll add the rest of your dry ingredients. Finally, fold in the carrots and nuts.
The cheesecake layer is next up while you let your cake cool. Make sure to follow the exact order when mixing your ingredients. You definitely don’t want to dump everything in together at once. Big no no!
Quick tip: for the cheesecake, make sure you are using full fat sour cream.
Last, you’ll make your homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. (I could eat this stuff right off the spoon…) Cream the butter and cream cheese together first, then add the powdered sugar and finish it by adding cinnamon and vanilla.
How To Make a Layered Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup pecan chips
Spiced Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened (I used 3 8-oz packages)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened (I used 2 8-oz packages)
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 12 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a star tip
- 4 cups pecan chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line the inside of a 9inch springform pan with non stick foil.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and flour together until combined.
- Mix in the sour cream, vanilla extract and and spices and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the lined springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minute timer goes off, crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill in the fridge overnight.
Carrot Cake Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two 9inch springform pans with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, mix until combined the sugar, oil and eggs.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and pecan chips.
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, and butter until combined.
- Gradually beat in 6 cups of powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
- Mix in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 6 cups of powdered sugar and the 5 tbsp of heavy whipping cream until thick and smooth.
How To Build The Cake:
- Using a large serrated knife or a cake slicer, slice off the domes from the top of the two cakes.
- Place the first layer of cake on a serving plate.
- Spread about 1 cup of frosting evenly on top of the cake layer.
- Use the aluminum foil to lift the cheesecake out of the springform pan, remove the foil and place the cheesecake on top of the cake.
- Spread another cup of frosting evenly on top of the cheesecake, then add the second layer of cake on top.
- Frost a crumb coat onto the outside of the cake.
- Place into the fridge for an hour to allow frosting to harden.
- Scoop some frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
- Once the hour is up, remove cake from fridge and frost entire cake.
- Place the cake onto a baking sheet.
- Scoop some pecan chips into your hand and very lightly coat the sides of the cake with the pecan chips.
- Once the sides are completely coated in the chips, pipe dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake and sprinkle some more pecan chips.
- Cut the cake in slices and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.