This Carrot Cake with nuts is layer after layer of moist cake with a homemade cream cheese frosting in between. We incorporated chopped pecans for a crunchy, tasty addition.
If you love Carrot Cake like I do, go take a look at our big list of over 30 Carrot Cake Desserts.
Carrot Cake with Nuts
Cream Cheese frosting just seems to pair so wonderful with these flavors. This cake is really great all on it’s own, but add in the icing and pecans and it’s amazing. Even people who aren’t carrot fans really like this dessert.
Here Is What You’ll Need:
- Carrots. These will need to be shredded which you can get already done for you at the grocery store. If you’re feeling up to it, you can always shred them yourself with a grater.
- Flour. For this dessert, use all-purpose.
- Baking Soda.
- Baking Powder.
- Pecans. You can buy pecans and chop them yourself using a food processor or buy them ready to go from the store.
- Butter. This is for the frosting and you will want to have this softened up pretty good before trying to mix it.
- Cream Cheese. Another ingredient that needs to be softened before using.
- Vanilla. Always try to use pure vanilla extract if you’ve got it. Imitation just isn’t the same!
How To Make Carrot Cake With Pecan Nuts
- Prep. Pre-heat your oven and spray your pans. If you’re doing it by hand, shred your carrots and chop your pecans.
- Make the batter. Mix together the sugar, oil and eggs. Then, add the flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon. Lastly, fold in the pecans and carrots.
- Bake. Cook the cakes in three round pans for about 25-30 minutes.
- Make the frosting. While your cakes cool, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar together. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Decorate. Cut the domes off the top of the cakes so they are flat. Frost each layer of the cake, then frost the top and sides. Sprinkle pecans around the edges and on top.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Cheesecake + Carrot Cake Combo Dessert
Carrot Cake with Nuts
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 4 C sugar
- 2 C canola oil
- 8 large eggs
- 4 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 C shredded carrots
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 3 round 9inch cake pans
- 1 10 in round cake boards
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 1 - 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 4 C Chopped pecans
Carrot Cake Directions
- Spray the cake pans with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, mix until combined the sugar, oil and eggs
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined
- Fold in the shredded carrots and 1 C pecan chips
- Divide the batter between the three cake pans
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack
Cream Cheese Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Building and decorating directions
- Cut off the domes of the cake and crumble into a bowl, set aside
- Place the first layer of the cake onto a 10inch round cake board
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag
- Scoop 1 C of frosting onto the first cake layer
- Smooth evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top of the first layer of frosting
- Scoop another cup of frosting onto the second cake layer and smooth evenly
- Place the last cake layer on top
- Using the remaining frosting, frost entire cake
- Using the chopped pecans, coat the entire cake
- Sprinkle some of the chopped pecans on top around the edge
- Cut and enjoy!