A little girl in St. Louis, Missouri, solved a problem she was having at school by putting cheese in an old Chapstick container. Here’s what happened.
Kids are smarter than we adults give them credit, sometimes. Their brains are so open and absorbent, soaking up all the interesting information around them. They let their thoughts go where they want. They have creative freedom. Sometimes they use their inventive minds to battle a case of “hangry,” as our young St. Louis friend did.
Clever Chapstick Container Hack
Sometimes children can see things we can’t. Adults are all boxed in by their own ideas of what is right, wrong, and ridiculous. Kids, on the other hand, don’t worry too much about whether their idea is silly. They don’t care! They give it a go without overthinking everything.
That means they are limited only to their wonderful imaginations.
One little girl in St. Louis is living proof. She saw a video about pranks on YouTube and was inspired to make something that solved a real, everyday problem she personally had.
Her problem? She was hungry during class! The solution? Hiding cheddar cheese in a cleaned out Chapstick tube so she could grab a quick nibble of protein when she needed an extra boost of energy to get through the day.
My 9-year-old daughter has taken an old lip balm tube and filled it with cheese so she can eat it in class. pic.twitter.com/YEAqZx2wnr
— Valerie Schremp Hahn 📰 (@valeriehahn) September 17, 2019
Cheese is the mother of invention?
“I was just looking on YouTube because I was bored and I found this video and I decided to do it,” the girl, whose mother asked that her name not be published, said to BuzzFeedNews. “I just took some of my dad’s cheese, sliced it up, and put it in the chapstick container.”
She found an almost empty tube of lip balm, emptied it, took it apart, and cleaned it “with some soap, and started filling it with cheese,” she said.
What an imaginative use of a Chapstick container!
I snooped around to see what else creative kids (and adults) can do with a Chapstick container.
1. Hide a little cash. Hopefully, ad guys won’t think of a tube of lip balm as a hiding place for a $20 bill.
2. Make travel deodorant sticks. Folks who are super active like having such a small container that they can use on the fly. All you have to do is melt down a bit of your favorite deodorant and pour it in a clean tube.
3. Wrangle bobby pins. Those little buggers can no longer live in chaos at the bottom of your purse!
4. Toothpicks are always on-hand. Never be stuck without a toothpick when you are desperate for one.
5. Small earrings and earring backs won’t get lost. When you travel, drop them in an old Chapstick container.
6. Pack the little tube with a needle and thread. Fantastic travel sewing kit.
7. Did you know you can make an LED flashlight in a Chapstick container? You’ll find the tutorial on Instructables.
Now you know a few things you can do with Chapstick tubes you are going to throw out. A penny earned!