The morning can be tough as well as the rest of the day for some. And, we all could use a fresh new idea for a recipe to make our days and our tummies feel a little better. This Chocolate Chip Coffee Bread is not only great to have in the morning with a cup of coffee, but can be enjoyed throughout the day.
Chocolate Chip Coffee Bread
This Chocolate Chip Coffee Bread is so delicious! This bread is similar to Chocolate Mocha Banana Bread or Peppermint Mocha Bread. The texture of this bread is so moist and soft, it’s to die for. The sweet flavor of the bread is amazing and will just melt in your mouth. You can make this ahead of time to enjoy the next day for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or for any other occasion. This recipe is topped with frosting that fits so well with the fluffy and savory flavor of the bread.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar as an ingredient in the recipe.
- Egg- Use eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Be sure to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Instant Coffee- Starbuck’s Caramel Dolce brand will give the best results.
- Espresso Powder- This will help to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need the mini chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This will help with the consistency of your frosting.
- Hot water- This will be used in your frosting.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Coffee Bread
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a bread pan by greasing and lightly flouring.
Add the butter and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until whipped, light, and fluffy.
Put in your eggs and combine again.
Put in the vanilla, instant coffee, and espresso powder and combine.
Turn off the mixer and put in the flour, baking powder, and salt and turn on low and combine.
Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl. Take the bowl off the mixer and add in the chocolate chips and use the spatula to fold in.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and put into the oven for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean from the middle. Be sure to check the loaf after 35 minutes with the toothpick and continue to do this after every 5 minutes until it’s completely done.
Place on a wire rack when finished to cool thoroughly.
Make the Frosting:
Add the butter into a mixing bowl and whip with the whisk attachment to beat until light and fluffy.
Pour in the condensed milk and blend until completely combined.
Pour in 1 teaspoon of HOT water into the instant coffee until it forms a paste-like texture.
Put the coffee paste into the mixing bowl and combine until fully incorporated.
Evenly frost the loaf and add some chocolate chips on top.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
What Other Mixins Can I Add to This Bread?
This Cappuccino Bread is delicious just the way it is made. All the ingredients and frosting fit so well together that you don’t need any mix-ins at all. You can however add whatever extra things you want if you already gave the bread a try first. You can add in caramel or other forms of chocolate or softer nut add-ins.
Tips for Freezing Homemade Chocolate Chip Loaf
There are a few tips for freezing your Homemade bread. If you have already sliced all of your bread that is alright because storing the bread is very simple. You will want to first start off by tightly wrapping your bread in plastic wrap. After you have wrapped it, you will then get a big enough sheet of aluminum foil to wrap the bread again. Doing this will help with keeping your bread fresher when thawing out and reusing.
More Bread Recipes
- Easy Cinnamon Bread Recipe with Icing
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Apple Crumb Bread
- Eggnog Quick Bread Recipe
CAPPUCCINO CHOCOLATE CHIP LOAF
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of butter - softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of Starbuck's Caramel Dolce instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon of Espresso powder
- 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 2 sticks of butter - softened
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 8 ounces
- 4 teaspoons of Instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon of hot water
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips - Sprinkle over Frosting
- First, grease and flour a loaf pan, and set it aside. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, and sugar, and mix until whipped, and light and fluffy. Add the eggs, and mix well. Add the Vanilla, Starbuck's instant coffee, and espresso powder, and mix until well blended. With the mixer, off, add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix on low until blended. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again until completely mixed. Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and fold in the mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into the greased and floured loaf pan, and place in the oven at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. When the loaf is baked, remove it to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Make the frosting: In the mixing bowl, add the butter, and whip with the whisk attachment until the butter is almost white in color, light, and really fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, and blend well. Add the teaspoon of HOT water to the instant coffee to form a paste. Add the coffee paste to the mixing bowl, and blend until completely mixed. Frost the loaf with the frosting, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Slice the loaf into one-inch pieces, serve, and Enjoy!