Chocolate Coconut Balls are one of our favorite no-bake holiday treats. A sweet, moist, coconut center, covered in a chocolate coating with only 5-ingredients! These are so Easy to make and always a huge hit with everyone.
Chocolate Coconut Balls
For this recipe you will want to use dessicated coconut. That’s a bit different from shredded coconut – it’s finely shredded coconut that is not sweetened. If you do not have this, go ahead and use regular shredded coconut. That’s OKAY. I personally would pulse the coconut in a blender a few times, but I am a bit picky with texture. We also show you below how to cut back on the sugar to make a healthier version of these yummy coconut balls.
How To Make Coconut Balls
This is a recipe that my grandma made every holiday season. She loved coconut and would bake with it all the time, especially around the Holidays. Chocolate Coconut Balls are completely no-bake though. All you need to do is melt a bit of chocolate; that’s as hard as ‘baking’ gets in this yummy recipe. Even though this recipe is super easy, it will take a bit of patience dipping each ball in the chocolate. It’s worth it though, trust me!
Ingredients you will need:
- powdered sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- You start by mixing the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and powdered sugar. Form the mixture into balls and place on a pan lined with wax paper. Place the balls in the fridge to firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening. Dip the balls into the chocolate mixture getting rid of any access chocolate.
- Place the balls back on the paper and let them set.
Healthy Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips for melting
Follow the recipe as listed below using these ingredients.
Tips and Tricks
- We love to use this chocolate dipping tool for recipes like this and makes it so much easier.
- Add an almond in the center. It will taste just like an Almond Joy Candy Bar!
- You can also add in chopped almonds to the coconut mixture.
Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 1 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- In a large bowl combine confectioners sugar with coconut and condensed milk.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto a pan lined with wax paper. Place in refrigerator until firm.
- In a microwave-safe glass bowl, melt the chocolate chips with shortening, removing to stir once or twice until smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate allowing the excess chocolate to drip off. Place the chocolate balls onto the waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.
LIKE THIS COCONUT BALLS RECIPE? PIN IT!