This Chocolate Espresso Cookies recipe is going to become a tradition in your house. Chewy chocolate thumbprint cookies with a strong espresso flavored with a gooey chocolate center. You can not ask for a better cookie than this.
Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Chocolate and cookies go hand and hand and this recipe is absolutely amazing. Similar to a thumbprint cookie, there is a rich ganache center that is sure to make you smile. Make these cookies as part of your Christmas cookie tray and pair them with Soft Christmas Sprinkle Cookies and Ginger Maple Cookies
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- This will be used in the batter and to roll the dough balls in.
- Eggs– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Instant Espresso Powder- This will be used for the espresso flavoring.
- Dark Chocolate Hershey powder- This will be used in your batter for that chocolate flavor.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Chocolate chips– You will need to use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream is the best for topping off desserts.
How to Make Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
Add the butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
Mix in the eggs, vanilla, and coffee powder until well combined.
Add in the flour, cocoa, and salt into a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients until well combined.
Scoop up the dough into your hands, using a small ice cream scooper, and form into a ball.
Add 1 C of sugar into a separate bowl and roll the dough ball in it.
Put the balls onto the prepared sheets.
Make an indent in the center of the dough with your thumb.
Put into the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Set aside to cool thoroughly.
Make the Ganache
Add the heavy cream to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
Add the chocolate chips to a heat-safe bowl and pour the cream on top.
Let rest for a minute to melt and then, whisk until smooth.
Let the mixture sit and cool for an additional 5 minutes.
Add to a piping bag.
Use scissors, to cut the tip of the piping bag and add dollops to the top of the cookies.
Let the ganache cool and harden before serving!
Do I Use Instant Espresso For These?
Yes, you want to use Instant espresso for these cookies. Traditional grounds will be too coarse and unappealing in these cookies.
How Do I Make Soft Cookies?
For these Espresso Cookies, you can use brown sugar to create more moisture in the recipe for a softer cookie. You can also add a half slice of bread to the container that you have your cookies in. The bread will allow the cookies to absorb the moisture and keep the cookies soft and fresh.
Christmas Cookies Recipes
- The Grinch Easy Christmas Cookies
- Soft Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Christmas Linzer Cookies
- Christmas Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Reindeer Corn Christmas Butter Cookies
Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and coffee powder until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the cookie dough into your hand and roll into a ball
- Pour the 1 C of sugar into another bowl
- Roll the dough ball into the sugar
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Using your thumb, make an indent into the center of the dough
- Place into the oven and bake for 8 minutes
- Allow cooling completely
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour over the chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl
- Allow sitting for a minute before whisking until smooth
- Allow the ganache to sit to cool for 5 minutes
- Spoon into the piping bag
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe dollops of the ganache into the indents in the cookies
- Allow the ganache to harden before enjoying it!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag