This easy to make Chocolate Raspberry Fudge Pie is fantastic when you just need a rich chocolate dessert. This decadent fudge pie recipe is perfect for an amazing weeknight dessert but it is also delicious enough to be used as a dessert for guests or for get togethers. Paired with tart raspberries, this chocolate fudge pie is sure to please.
If you love the way raspberries pair with dessert recipes, you will also love Raspberry Sweet Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Raspberry Chocolate Fudge Pie
This is a fabulous dessert and so easy to make. It’s no bake, and comes together really quickly, then it’s refrigerated so it’s cool and creamy to serve. This is a wonderful end to a dinner with friends or family, and it will get rave reviews. It’s not only delicious, it’s a really pretty dessert to serve, and can be paired with coffee or teas or dessert wine. No matter how you serve it, or if you grab this as a midnight snack, you’re going to love this one!
Ingredients in Raspberry Chocolate Fudge Pie
- Chocolate crumbs
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Eagle-brand Sweetened condensed milk
- Cocoa powder
- Cream cheese
- Corn starch
- Dark chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
How to Make Fudge Pie
Next, start making the pie filling.
In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and the condensed milk together on very low heat. Melt until it is smooth and creamy.
Add the cocoa powder, cream cheese and continue stirring until it has melted into the chocolate mixture.
Next, add the vanilla and raspberries to the pot.
In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until it is smooth. Then add it to the chocolate mixture and stir for a minute. This will thicken the mixture.
Remove it from the heat and stir in a pinch of salt and chopped pecans, if you are adding them.
Let the pie filling cool for 15 minutes.
Remove the pie crust from the freezer and pour the filling on top. Put the pie in the refrigerator and allow to cool and set for at least 4 hours.
Once the pie has set it is time to make the chocolate topping.
In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chip, sugar, and heavy cream. Heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each set until the chocolate chips are melted.
Let the mixture cool about 5 minutes.
Remove the pie from the refrigerator and pour the chocolate topping on top of the pie.
Place milk chocolate chips on top of the chocolate topping and place the pie back into the refrigerator overnight.
When you are ready to serve, place raspberries on top, cut into 8 slices and enjoy.
How Long Does Fudge Pie Last?
When this fudge pie is stored in the refrigerator it will last about 4 to 5 days. Make sure it is covered well to prevent it from getting hard. If you do not have a cover for your pie plate, you can use plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Can I use something other than heavy cream in this Chocolate Fudge Pie
In a lot of recipes, you can swap the heavy cream for half and half or even whole milk, but when you are making this chocolate fudge pie, you do not want to swap anything for the heavy cream. It is needed to create the rich creamy texture of this fudge pie recipe.
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE
For The Crust
- 2 cups Chocolate crumbs I used Keebler - found on the baking Isle
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 Tablespoons butter melted
For the Filling
- 1 large package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces Eagle-brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Pecans chopped - OPTIONAL
For the Topping
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream do not substitute for the cream
- 2 cups whole Raspberries for Topping the Pie
- Make the crust
- Place the butter in the bottom of your deep dish pie plate, and melt in the microwave at 15 second intervals, until the butter is melted.
- Pour the chocolate crumbs into the dish with the sugar, and stir together to blend, coating the crumbs in the butter. When the crumbs, sugar and butter are well combined, press the crust mixture into the bottom of the dish, and place the dish in the freezer.
- PIE FILLING
- In a heavy sauce pan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, and cream cheese, and continue to stir the mixture until the cream cheese is melted into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the vanilla, and Raspberries, and continue to stir the mixture.
- Place the corn starch int eh water, and stir until smooth.
- Add the corn starch to the mixture and stir for at least one minute or until the chocolate mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in a pinch of salt, and if desired, chopped pecans.
- Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes, then remove the crust from the freezer, and pour the chocolate filling into the pie dish, and place the dish in the refrigerator.
- Allow the chocolate pie filling to completely cool, and set in the refrigerator, about 4 hours.
- When the pie filling has set up, or looks thick and firm, make the chocolate topping.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the dark chocolate chips, sugar, and heavy cream, and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the dish, and stir well, then return to the microwave for 30 seconds, and stir again.
- If all the chocolate chips are not melted, place in the microwave again for 15 seconds, remove and stir again.
- Repeat until all chocolate chips are melted, and the sugar and cream are completely mixed into the chocolate.
- Remove from microwave and cool for about 5 minutes, or until cool to the touch.
- Remove pie from refrigerator, and pour the chocolate topping on top of the pie filling.
- Place milk chocolate chips on top of chocolate topping, and place the pie back in the refrigerator in an airtight container, overnight for best results.
- Place Raspberries on top of pie when time to serve.
- Cut pie in 8 equal pieces, serve and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.