Double Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Thumbprint cookies are a classic treat around the holidays. I’ve made tons of variations on them, and this one is a new idea that I have fallen in love with making. Tons of chocolate goodness makes them perfect for sharing. Plus, the chocolate sprinkles make them great for the kids to help decorate them!
If you love the idea of making thumbprint cookies, don’t miss out on our favorites!
- Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- The Best Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Do I Have to Use Chocolate Sprinkles?
If you do not want to use chocolate sprinkles, you certainly do not have to. You can skip the sprinkles completely or you can use rainbow sprinkles, red sprinkles or even sanding sugar. Definitely customize them to fit your preferences or the holiday you are creating them for.
Can I Freeze This Cookie Dough?
If you have more cookies than will be eaten before they go bad, you can certainly freeze them. I like to freeze the cookies so when I want them, I can take a few out and not have to take out the whole batch. In order to do this, you want to freeze the cookies first before adding them to the freezer bag.
Make the dough as directed, then roll into balls and lay on a lined baking sheet. Cover this and “flash freeze” them for one hour. Remove them from the freezer, and drop the cookie dough balls into a plastic freezer bag you have dated and labeled. This goes back into the freezer to grab and pull out to bake as needed.
Ingredients for Cocoa Thumbprint Cookies
- Cocoa powder
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Whole milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Hershey kisses that are White chocolate with chocolate stripes
How to Make Chocolate Kiss Cookies
In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, then set aside.
Using a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Then, you will add in the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients until a dough forms, then cover the dough to let it chill for at least 2 hours before forming.
When you are ready to make the cookies, form the dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
Roll these balls in the chocolate sprinkles then place back onto the baking sheet and bake as directed.
Double Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour chocolate sprinkles into a medium bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out two tablespoon size of dough and roll into a ball
- Roll dough ball into the chocolate sprinkles until coated
- Place coated dough ball onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with about 11-12 more cookies
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes
- Unwrap the Hershey kisses while the cookies are baking
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey kiss into the center of the cookie
- Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.