Crazy Candy Bar Poke Cake
If you love poke cake, you have to try this amazing Candy Bar Poke Cake. This moist chocolate cake is combined with chocolate sauce and peanut butter. Top the poke cake with your favorite candy and this cake is perfection.
Candy Bar Poke Cake
- Chocolate cake mix – You will also need the ingredients on the back of the box.
- Peanut butter– The peanut butter needs to be melted for this recipe.
- Hot fudge sauce– Store bought fudge sauce or homemade fudge sauce will work.
- Cool Whip Free – The Cool Whip needs to be thawed
- Candy– You want an assortment of candy for this cake.
How to Make a Candy Bar Poke Cake
Make the cake according to the box.
Let the cake cool and then poke the cake with holes. This is where the peanut butter will be poured into.
Melt the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.
Pour the melted peanut butter into the holes and then pour the chocolate sauce into the holes.
Spread the Cool Whip over the top as a frosting.
Chop the candy and then sprinkle it over the cake.
Refrigerate the cake overnight before serving.
What Candies Go on This Poke Cake?
The best part of this poke cake is that you get to use whatever kind of candy you like. You can use chocolate candies or sour candies. The only thing you want to make sure is the candy you use goes well with peanut butter since that is the filling for the cake.
Do Poke Cakes Have to be Refrigerated?
While not all poke cakes will need to be refrigerated, this cake will. It is not because of the filling that this cake needs to be refrigerated, it is because of the Cool Whip. Cool Whip needs to be stored in the refrigerator so this cake should be too.
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Thin Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake
- Cuppa Joe Chocolate Coffee Caramel Poke Cake
- Gingerbread Poke Cake
- Raspberry Lemonade Poke Cake
Crazy Candy Bar Poke Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup peanut butter melted
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 2 cups chopped assorted candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally grease a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Set to the side
- Prepare the cake according to package directions.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake as directed on the back of package.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, poke a bunch of holes.
- Heat the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl, until melted.
- Carefully pour the peanut butter over the holes.
- Carefully now pour the hot fudge sauce over the holes.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cake.
- Chop up the candy bar into small bits.
- Top the cake with the chopped, assorted candies.
- Refrigerate the cake for overnight.