If you are looking for a wonderful snack bar for a quick bite to eat or a treat in a goodie bag or really for any occasion at all, then this is the perfect recipe for you. These Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars are a healthier bar recipe and may become a favorite.
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars
Cranberries are really an underrated fruit. There are so many homemade goodies that you can make with fresh cranberries such as my Lemon Cranberry Muffins. Another family favorite is my Cranberry Bars with a Crumble Topping. If you are looking for a holiday cocktail that if full of that wonderful cranberry flavor, then my Cranberry Margarita needs to be added to your menu!
Ready to make these Cranberry Chocolate Bars?
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar will be added to the crust.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Dark Chocolate Chips- This will be added to the bars for the chocolate flavor.
- Dried Cranberries- These will also be added to the bars for a sweet natural flavor.
- Coconut– The coconut will need to be shredded.
- Chopped Pecans- You will need to have your pecans chopped.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- This will help with the consistency of your bars.
How to Make Holiday Magic Bars
You need to set your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, use a fork or pastry cutter to combine the butter, sugar, and flour into pea-sized crumbs.
Put the crumbs into the prepared 9×13 inch pan, lined with foil and greased.
Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
Add the chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and pecans into the prepared crust.
Add in the condensed milk onto the toppings and place in the oven to bake for an additional 18 minutes.
Take out of the oven and let cool before cutting.
Eat when ready or store in the fridge for later use.
Do I Use Sweetened Cranberries?
For this Chocolate Cranberry recipe, you will be using dried cranberries. These cranberries do not have added sweetener to the berries. These are naturally high in sugar and perfect for this recipe.
How Long are Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars Good?
The shelf life on these Magic Bars all depends on how you store them. These bars can be stored at room temperature and left on the counter. You will want to place these in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
More Holiday Desserts
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Cranberry Pound Cake
- Cranberry Bars with Crumble Topping
- Easy Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars Recipe
- 1 cup cold cubed, unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add butter, sugar, and flour to a large bowl and use a fork or party cutter to ring ingredients togetehr into pea sized crumbs
- Press evenly into a foil lined and greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and pecans evenly over the crust.
- Pour condensed milk over toppings and bake for 18 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Best if stored covered in the refrigerator.