I have the best cookie recipe for anyone who loves Boston Cream Pies. These Boston Cream Pie cookies are amazing. With the flavors of a Boston Cream Pie cake or donut, these cookies are sure to become a favorite. Topped with rich ganache, these cookies are a decadent treat.
If you love the flavors of Boston Cream Pie as much as I do, you will love Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake
Decadent Boston Cream Pie Cookies
Boston Cream pie has a unique flavor that most people fall in love with. The thick pastry cream gives the cake such a fantastic flavor. It is light and creamy, with a spongy cake that goes great with the rich chocolate. Now all of those flavors are in this sandwich cookie. 2 cookies with pastry cream in the middle and topped with chocolate ganache. How could it not be a family favorite?
Are These Boston Cream Pie Cookies a Cake Like Cookie?
These cookies have a similar flavor to the cake layer in a Boston Cream Pie. The cookies are spongy and have a different texture than a typical cookie but they are not quite like cake cookies.
Does Boston Cream Cake Cookies Need to be Refrigerated?
Because of the pastry cream pudding that is in the middle of these cookies, you will want to refrigerator them. The pastry cream is not able to sit out. To make these cookies taste their best, you will want to let the cookies come to room temperature when you eat them. But even cold, these cookies are amazing.
Boston Cream Pie Cake Cookies
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Pure vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Whole milk
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Clear corn syrup
How to Make Boston Cream Cake Cookies
Start by making the cream for the center/
Using a medium saucepan, heat the milk, 1/2 cup of sugar and salt. You want it to the warm to the touch.
In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sugar.
Add the warm milk into the egg mixture and stir constantly.
Pour the liquid into the pot and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until it is thick. Stir constantly.
Strain the liquid through a mesh sleeve into another bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic and store in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat the butter and sugar together until it is creamy using a hand mixer.
Add the eggs and beat well.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, alternating with milk and vanilla.
Use an ice cream scoop and scoop the dough into cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow the cookies to cool completely.
Using a disposable piping bag scoop the pudding into the bag and cut the tip off.
Pipe the pudding onto the cookie and top it with another cookie.
Place the chocolate ganache ingredients in a double boiler and heat until melted and combined.
Allow the ganache to cool slightly and then spoon on the ganache on to the top of the cookies.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Boston Cream Pie Cookies
Vanilla creme pudding Ingredients :
Cookie ingredients :
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp clear corn syrup
Vanilla creme pudding directions
- Using a medium pot, heat the milk, ½ C sugar and salt until warm to the touch
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yolks, cornstarch and ¼ C sugar until combined
- Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg mixture and whisk constantly
- Pour the liquid into the pot and whisk some more for about 2-3 minutes over medium heat until thick
- Pour into a mesh sleeve into another bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar mixture together until combined and creamy
- Beat in the eggs until combined
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients while alternating with the milk and vanilla until combined
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Allow to cool completely
- Match the tops and bottoms of the cookies
- Using a disposable piping bag, scoop the pudding into the bag
- Cut the tip off
- Pipe one hefty dollop of pudding into the middle of the bottom cookie
- Place the top cookie on top and lightly push down
Chocolate Ganache directions:
- Place ingredients in a double boiler and heat until melted
- Allow to cool slightly
- Spoon on the ganache on to the top of the cookies
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.