Easy Key Lime Pie is the best way to make this classic treat. Simple, delicious and full of flavor, you’ll love this recipe.
When you are really in the mood for one of your favorite desserts, you want it fast. That’s why I love how simple and easy this classic key lime pie recipe is.
Easy Key Lime Pie
You are going to freak when you see just how simple this is!
For starters, to make the crust layer, you’ll combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl. Then, press it into the bottom of your 9″ pie pan.
Bake that for about 10 minutes while you’re mixing together your key lime pie.
To do that, just whisk together your condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest.
Once your crust has come out of the oven and had a few minutes to cool, pour your pie on top.
Bake that for another 10 minutes and you’re done!
You can top it off with some whipped cream around the edges and a little more lime zest.
How To Store Your Pie
This pie will last you about 2-3 days in the fridge if you have it loosely covered with some aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
This is not a pie you can keep out at room temperature for longer than just a couple of hours.
You can freeze your pie for up to a month by wrapping it tightly in foil and then placing in a freezer storage bag.
Key Lime Pie
- 1 9 inch round pie dish
- 1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 C sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 2 - 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 3/4 C fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 2 tbsp key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Pour crumb into the pie dish and press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest until combined
- Pour into the crust
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes