Gingerbread Cream Horns (Air Fryer)
Do you ever crave something sweet, but don’t want to put in the work? These Air Fryer Gingerbread Cream Horns are perfect for that! They’re easy to make and they come out tasting great. Bring in all the Christmas flavor in this easy-to-make dessert.
Air Fryer Gingerbread Cream Horns
These little gingerbread cream horns are so delicious and great for any occasion! The horns are stuffed with a cream filling and are flavored with gingerbread. If gingerbread is one of your favorite flavors for desserts, then check out this Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting or these White Chocolate Gingerbread Balls.
- Dough– You will need a Puff Pastry.
- Water– You will dip your fingers in this water to seal the horns.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Shortening– You will need vegetable shortening for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is great for homemade icing.
- Marshmallow– You will need the marshmallow fluff for the recipe.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Heavy Cream– This will help with the consistency of your dessert.
- Flavoring– You will use gingerbread flavoring for additional taste.
- Sprinkles– You can follow this link to get gingerbread sprinkles: Ginger Bread Man Confetti| Gluten Friendly Brown Christmas Colorful Candy Sprinkles Mix For Baking Edible Cake Decorations Cupcake Toppers Cookie Decorating Ice Cream Toppings, 4OZ: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
How to Make Gingerbread Cream Horns
To start, use flour to lightly covered a solid surface and begin by unrolling the puff pastry carefully, then use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll it out gently.
First, begin making even strips out of the dough using a knife or pastry cutter.
Secondly, lightly grease the cream horn molds using shortening, then begin wrapping the dough around the molds while slightly overlapping it.
Thirdly, seal the end of the dough by dipping your finger in water and stick the last strip around the mold.
Next, use a non-stick cooking spray such as pam to grease your Air fryer, then place the molds into the basket and cook for 4 minutes. Once cooked, place on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
To begin, add the butter and shortening into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy.
First, a little at a time, pour in the powdered sugar and mix after each addition.
Secondly, add in the marshmallow and combine until fully incorporated using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl.
Thirdly, pour in the vanilla and combine on low.
Next, pour in the heavy cream and gingerbread flavoring and combine until fully incorporated on high speed for about 2 minutes until thick and fluffy.
In addition, add the filling into a piping bag with a large star tip and add the filling into the horn molds. Place the filling into both ends until you reach the middle.
Furthermore, set out parchment paper and place the cream horns on top after filling.
Top all of the cream horns with the gingerbread cream horns.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is a cream horn?
First, you can describe a cream horn as a creamy, smooth, and tasty dessert. Cream Horns are first made with a flaky or puff pastry to make the outer horn layer. Next, the whipped cream or filling is piped into the center of the horn.
Can it be made in the oven?
To make the process of cooking the puff pastry easier, this recipe calls for using an Air Fryer. The Air Fryer will help cook the horns faster and get them to you quickly to eat. However, if you wanted or needed to, these can be baked in the oven.
More Gingerbread Recipes:
- Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies
- The Best Gingerbread Loaf
- Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
Air Fryer Gingerbread Cream Horns
- 1 package of Puff Pastry Dough - thawed
- 1 Tablespoon of Water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Shortening
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 3 cups of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- 1 - 2 drops of Gingerbread Flavoring
- Gingerbread Sprinkles - see link Ginger Bread Man Confetti| Gluten Friendly Brown Christmas Colorful Candy Sprinkles Mix For Baking Edible Cake Decorations Cupcake Toppers Cookie Decorating Ice Cream Toppings4OZ: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
- Lightly flour a solid surface where you can easily roll out the Pastry dough. Gently unroll or unfold a sheet of the dough, and gently roll it out with a rolling pin, lightly floured. Using a sharp knife, pastry wheel, or pizza cutter, cut the dough into even strips. Pick up one of the cream horn molds, and lightly grease the mold with Crisco. Wind the dough around the mold, slightly overlapping the dough as you wrap it around. Dip your finger in the water, and lightly wet the end of the dough, sticking it to the last strip around the mold. Spray the basket of your Air-fryer with cooking spray, and lay the dough-wrapped molds into the basket. Air fry the Cream horns for 4 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the filling while the Cream horns are cooling: In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and Crisco until light and fluffy. Add the Powdered sugar a little at a time, mixing between additions. Add the marshmallow cream, and mix well, scraping down the bowl, and mixing again. Add the Vanilla, and blend on low. Add the Heavy Cream, and Gingerbread Flavoring, and mix until blended into the ingredients. Turn the mixer on high speed and mix for 2 minutes. The mixture will be thick and fluffy. Place the Filling in a Pastry bag with a large star tip. Remove the Cream Horns from the Molds, and fill the cream horns from both ends, filling them to the middle from both ends. Place the Cream Horns on Parchment paper after filling.
- Sprinkle both ends of the Cream Horns by sprinkling the Gingerbread Sprinkles on the cream filling. Serve and Enjoy!