Have fun this holiday season by making some simple Halloween Cheese Moon Snacks.
Add cheese bats flying over moon shaped Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites.
Hi everyone. I’m Beth, from the blog Hungry Happenings and I’m excited to be here at Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons today to share a quick and easy snack idea for Halloween.
We host elaborate Halloween parties every year and I go all out making fun Halloween appetizers and desserts to share with my guests and I always like to have some super simple snacks to make and share, as well.
These Cheese Moon Snacks topped with Black Bat Cheese Slices look so cute and are so easy to make that your kids can help put them together.
The Special Edition Pimento Cheese Bites are a new product from Farm Rich and are packed with real cheddar cheese and pimentos and are coated in a crisp, golden breading. These authentically Southern snacks are made with South Carolina’s popular Palmetto Cheese and come packaged with a Red Pepper Jelly dipping sauce. They are available at Walmart and Meijer stores now and will be available at Kroger stores soon.
I thought the cheese filled bites made the perfect little moons which I topped with some bats made out of cheese.
I’m sure you’re wondering just how I got black cheese slices. Well, I made them by melting some white Queso processed cheese, blending it with a few drops of black food coloring, spreading it out on a silicone mat, and freezing it before cutting out small bats.
You can, if you prefer make orange cheese bats, but they won’t look as realistic.
Halloween Cheese Moon Snacks
To make them yourself you’ll need:
- 1 box Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites
- 2 ounces white Queso processed cheese
- (about a 1 1/2 inch slice from a 16 ounce block of cheese)
- black food coloring
- tiny bat cookie cutter
- (about 1 – 1 /2 inches long)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- While the oven is preheating, place the slice of Queso processed cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high heat for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Heat for 10-20 more seconds, then stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in black food coloring then spread out onto a silicone mat to about 1/8th inch thickness.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cut out 14-16 bats (enough to cover all your Pimento Cheese Bites) using a tiny bat cookie cutter.
- Freeze bats until needed.
- Arrange the Pimento Cheese Bites in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove bats from freezer and immediately place over hot Pimento Cheese Bites, then serve. The bat shaped cheese will warm up and soften as it sits on the hot Pimento Cheese Bites.
- For fun, you can insert a lollipop stick or paper straw into the snack before serving.
Farm Rich is one of America’s favorite snacks and appetizers brands and they have so many wonderful snacks that would be perfect for spook-tacular Halloween parties, easy get-togethers and pre-trick-or-treating fuel for kids.
For more information visit FarmRich.com.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.