A ham and pimento cheese sandwich wrap is fantastic. It makes a simple and easy lunch or dinner. Make this homemade pimento cheese sauce and this goes from fantastic to simply heaven. One bite and this will become a family favorite.
If you love creative lunch recipes, you will also want to try our Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese with Dill Pickles, Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders and Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches.
Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wrap
This is a great recipe for a quick lunch or early supper that is so good, you’re family will be asking for this one, often. The roll-ups are quick and easy, and the sauce only takes a few minutes to make, and it’s tangy and gooey, and you’ll love dipping into it. When you’re in a hurry, but want to give your family a healthy meal, this will be your go to recipe. You can serve it with sliced tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery, red bell or green bell pepper strips, or other veggies, and they can be dipped into the sauce for a really delicious meal. This is sure to be a favorite.
Want to Make This a Pimento Tortilla Wrap Recipe
Since this Pimento Cheese Sandwich is in wrap form, you might think you can’t make it a grilled pimento cheese sandwich recipe, but you can still grill it even in wrap form. If you want to grill your wrap, spread a layer of butter on each flat side of the pimento cheese sandwich and then grill like normal grilled cheese. This will create a toasted sandwich that is warm and buttery and delicious.
What is Homemade Pimento Cheese Sauce
This Homemade Pimento Cheese sauce is the perfect addition to this Pimento Cheese Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich. This homemade pimento cheese sauce can be spread on the sandwich or used to dip the sandwich in. This sauce is creamy and can be used in many ways beyond this simple wrap.
Ingredients in Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wrap
- Flour Tortilla wraps
- Price’s’ brand Pimento Cheese Spread
- Sliced ham
- Iceberg lettuce
- Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Ingredients in Homemade Pimento Cheese Sauce
- Honey Dijon Mustard
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pimento Cheese Spread
How to Make this Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wrap
Lay your tortilla out. Spread the pimento cheese spread over each one.
Then lay the ham on each. Add one or two pieces of lettuce on each slice on ham.
Roll the tortilla lengthwise and set it on a serving platter or plate. Put the plate in the refrigerator while the sauce is being made.
How to Make Homemade Pimento Cheese Sauce
In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the flour. Cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
Add the salt and pepper. Stir well.
Stir in the milk and stir until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy.
Add the honey dijon mustard and mix well.
Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the pimento cheese spread and the cheddar cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
Wash the parsley and dry it on a towel then chop it into pieces.
Slice the tomatoes and place on a serving plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add any vegetables that you want as well.
Remove the sandwiches from the refrigerator. Cut them on a slant and serve.
Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwich Wrap with Homemade Pimento Cheese Sauce
FOR THE WRAPS
- 1 large package of Flour Tortilla wraps Wheat will also work
- 1 Tub of 'Price's' brand Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1 pound sliced ham We used Black Forest - from the Deli
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce - washed, and leaves left whole
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1 bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley - washed dried and chopped
- Lay out the number of Tortilla's you need for the Wraps, and spread the Pimento Cheese Spread on each Tortilla. Lay the Ham on top of the cheese spread, and lay 1 to 2 pieces or leaves of the lettuce on top of the ham.
- Roll the Tortillas lengthwise, and place on a serving plate or platter, and place them in the refrigerator.
MAKE THE SAUCE
- In a heavy sauce pan, melt the butter, and stir the flour into the butter, cooking it on Medium heat for about 2 - 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown a little.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and stir. Stir in the Milk, and continue stirring it until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the Honey Dijon Mustard, and mix well.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat, and stir in the Pimento cheese spread, and the Cheddar cheese, until the sauce is smooth, and creamy.
- Wash the Flat Leaf Parsley, and dry on a kitchen towel, or paper towels. Chop the parsley into small pieces.
- Slice tomatoes and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Place any vegetables to be served in a bowl or on a plate.
- Just before serving, place one to two wraps on each dinner plate, and cut in two on a slant. Place cheese sauce in individual ramekins to serve. Place slices of tomato and vegetables for dipping on each plate. Serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.