Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread will take your old recipe and mix it with a cup of hot cocoa. That combination is absolutely delicious!
Anytime you are going to add chocolate and marshmallows to a recipe I already adore, I’m in. You can just never go wrong with those classic treat ingredients. We love them so much that we’ve made Hot Chocolate Cookies and Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls as well.
Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread
You’ve made monkey bread a time or two, right? The basics here are canned biscuits (or homemade if you’re really feeling up for it) cut into fours, coated in cinnamon, sugar and butter, and then baked in the oven.
It’s a classic recipe, one I think I’ve made at least 100 times in my life.
But Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread… oh my goodness. I don’t know if I will ever be able to make it the old fashion way again. It is absolutely delicious.
Making Monkey Bread
The first thing you need to do after cutting your biscuits, is to place marshmallows in each section, then roll it into a ball. Every bite will be oozing with marshmallow goodness!
We prefer to bake our Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread in a bundt pan because it looks so beautiful when it comes out. Plus, everyone can pull giant pieces off to snack on. But any pan you’ve got will work.
When your bread comes out and is still warm, drizzle as much chocolate sauce and marshmallow cream as your heart desires! Add chocolate chips and marshmallow bits on top and enjoy.
This is usually the time when the kids come in to help out!
Enjoy your chocolate dessert and feel free to add your own twist to it. Maybe some peanut butter chips or even sprinkles! It tastes amazing no matter what.
Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray bundt pan with the baking spray, set aside.
- Open the cans and place the biscuits onto the cutting board.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Flatten each quarter slightly.
- Place 3 mini marshmallows into the center of the biscuit.
- Roll the biscuit into a ball and set aside.
- Repeat step with remaining biscuit quarters.
- Pour the 1 C of sugar and cocoa powder into the plastic container.
- Add in several dough balls into the container and shake until fully coated.
- Place into the bundt pan.
- Repeat step until all dough balls are coated in cocoa.
- In a medium sauce pan, place the 1 cup of butter and 1/2 C of brown sugar and place on medium heat.
- Mix until melted.
- Pour the sauce all over the biscuits.
- Place into the oven to bake for 40-55 minutes or until the crust is a deep brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the top of a plate onto the top of the bundt pan and turn the monkey bread over onto the plate.
- Remove the lid and foil from the mallow cream and place into the microwave for 20 seconds to soften it.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls into the piping bag and cut tip off.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce and mallow cream all over the money bread.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and mallow bites all over.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 Bundt pan
- 1 can of baking spray
- 1 large plastic container
- 1 Disposable piping bag