If you have never made Instant Pot Angel Food Cake, you are missing out. Absolutely delicious and easy to make, this is going to become your new favorite recipe. Use this angel food cake as is or use it as part of a separate dessert, like a trifle. The cake is going to become one of your go-to recipes.
Instant Pot Angel Food Cake
Everyone loves the light fluffy taste of Angel food cake. With this simple recipe, you are going to be making angel food cake all the time. Topped with a delicious whipped topping, this cake is absolutely perfect.
- Betty Crocker Angel Food cake mix- Use a cake mix to save time
- Water- This is the water used for the cake mix and goes in the Instant Pot
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar makes the best frosting
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream creates the fluffy whipped frosting
- Pure vanilla extract- Using pure vanilla makes for the best flavor
- Unflavored gelatin- This adds some stability to the whipped frosting
How to Make Angel Food Cake in an Instant
Prepare the cake pan and then set it aside.
Combine the water with the cake mix and then pour it into the bundt pan.
Cover the pan with foil and then add the water to the Instant Pot.
Place the trivet inside and then place the cake pan on top.
Place the lid on top and make sure it is set to seal.
Set the pressure to 35 minutes and then allow for a 10 minute natural release.
Remove the pan and then let it cool for another 10 minutes on a cooling rack. let the cake cool completely.
While the cake is cooling, make the frosting.
Use a mixer and beat the whipping cream until it becomes fluffy.
Slowly add the sugar and vanilla.
Mix the gelatin and water together in a small bowl and then whip it into the frosting.
Continue to beat it until it is stiff.
Once the frosting is done, ice the cake.
Add sliced strawberries or other fruit and enjoy.
Can I Use Egg Beaters for Angel Food Cake?
Because of this recipe, you do not need the egg whites. However, when you need to use egg whites, you can use egg beater egg whites as a substitute.
Toppings for Angel Food Cake
I am using strawberries for this Angel food cake, but I have also used blueberries and raspberries. The best thing about this cake is any type of fruit will work. Berries are fantastic with angel food cake.
More Cake Recipes
- Italian Lemon Cake Recipe
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe
- Tagalong Cake Recipe
- Lemon Orange Cake Recipe
Instant Pot Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker Angel Food cake mix
- 1 1/4 C water for cake
- 2 C water for IP
- 1 C Powdered sugar for dusting
- 4 C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tsp water
- Lightly spray bundt pan with oil
- Mix cake mix and 1 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Cover with foil
- Pour 2 cups water into the IP inner cooking pot.
- Add trivet and bundt pan.
- Close lid.
- High pressure for 35 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
- Remove from IP and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Remove from bundt pan and place onto a serving plate
- Allow to cool completely
whipped frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium to high speed until it becomes fluffy
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix on high speed
- In a small bowl, combine the water and gelatin
- Once the gelatin has fully dissolved, add it into the whipped cream
- Continue to beat on high speed until the whipped cream is stiff
- Frost the cooled angel food cake completely
- Top with sliced strawberries or whatever fruit you enjoy!
- Cut and Serve!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.