Take your Instant Pot Bundt cake to a whole new level. With this Maker’s Mark Bourbon Cake, the taste is absolutely amazing. Using the bourbon in this cake frosting is going to give your frosting a one of the kind flavor.
If you love making Instant Pot Cakes, you need to also try our IP Chocolate Cake, IP Lemon Bundt Cake, and Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake!
Instant Pot Maker’s Mark Bourbon Cake Bundt
This Marker’s Mark Bundt cake is so different from anything else you have ever had. The cake itself doesn’t have the whiskey flavoring in it, but it has spices and flavors that complement the frosting which does have the whiskey. The good thing is, the amount you are using to give this frosting the flavor is so minuscule, you do not have to actually worry about it. It is only 1 tablespoon in the entire batch which means there is no concern over younger people having it or worrying about anyone getting tipsy. But since the taste of the bourbon
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Makers Mark
How to Make a Bourbon Cake in a Bundt Pan
Start with a 6 inch bundt cake pan and spray it well with baking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves. peppers and cardamon until it is well combined.
Using a mixer, in another bowl, beat together the butter, brown and white sugar, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest until it combined well.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, alternating, until it is mixed in well.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan, filling it half way, then cover the pan tightly with foil.
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside. Create a foil sling and use it to lower then bundt pan into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and lock it into place. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
Once the cake is done, do a quick release.
Allow the cake to cool completely for 30 to 60 minutes.
While the cake is cooling, make the Marker’s Mark cream cheese frosting.
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and cream cheese.
Beat in the Marker’s Mark until it is well combined.
Pour the frosting into a small bowl and then pour the bundt cake
Allow frosting to harden for 30 minutes before serving!
Can I Make This Into Mini Bundt Cakes?
If you wanted to make this into mini bundt cakes that are baked in the oven, you certainly can. You will want mini bundt cake pans. The cakes will need to bake between 20-25 minutes when baked in mini bundt pans.
How do I Keep a Bourbon Cake Recipe Moist?
The first and most important thing to keep a bourbon cake recipe moist is to make sure you do not over bake it. An over baked cake will always taste dry. The next thing is to make sure the cake is stored properly. If the cake is not covered well, it will dry out. Since this is made in the Instant Pot, the moisture from the water helps to keep the cake dry as well.
Instant Pot Maker's Mark Bourbon Cake Bundt
- 2 ¼ C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cardamon
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange zested
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ C buttermilk
Makers Mark Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Makers Mark
- Spray a 6inch bundt pan with pam baking spray and set aside
- Using a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, black pepper, and cardamon until combined
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla and orange zest until combined
- Alternate between the dry ingredients and the buttermilk and mix until combined
- Pour batter into bundt pan, filling about ¾ way full
- Cover tightly with foil
- Add 1 C of water into the inner bowl of the Instant Pot
- Place trivet inside
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower the bundt pan onto the top of the trivet in the IP
- Close the lid and lock to sealing
- Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes
- Do a QP release
- Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes
- Remove from pan and place onto a wire rack over a cookie sheet
Cream cheese frosting
- Using a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until creamy and combined
- Beat in the makers mark until combined
- Pour frosting into a small bowl
- Pour frosting over the bundt cake
- Allow frosting to harden for 30 minutes before serving!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.