When it comes to making healthy dinners, sometimes, the easiest swaps are the ones that taste the best. Make this Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice instead of traditional fried rice for one of the best tasting side dish that is also a healthy swap you family will love.
If you love cauliflower, you will also love Loaded Cauliflower Bake.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice is really delicious, easy to make, and done in no time. You can serve this for dinner on busy nights, or weekends when you want to stay in and eat a healthy meal. This is loaded with vegetables, and is a great way to get your kids to eat them! You’ll love this recipe. This is the veggie version of our popular Chicken Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce.
- Frozen riced cauliflower
- Fresh cauliflower florets
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Frozen peas
- Frozen cut green beans
- Green onions
- Coarse ground Garlic salt
- Coarse ground Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
How to Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice
Turn the Instant Pot onto saute and add the butter and olive oil.
After the butter melts, add chopped onions and minced garlic. Saute until it is golden brown and the liquid is absorbed.
Turn the saute setting off and add the riced cauliflower and cauliflower florets, frozen peas, frozen green beans, sliced carrots, and chicken broth.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the high pressure to 4 minutes. Make sure it is set to sealing. Release the pressure.
Stir the veggies and turn on the saute setting.
Stir fry the vegetables until all the liquid is gone and everything is golden brown.
Take the veggies out of the Instant Pot and set them aside.
Add the egg to the pot and scramble. Cook until it is done.
Add the vegetables back in and stir together.
Turn off the Instant Pot, add soy sauce and brown sugar and mix well.
Serve with chopped onions.
What Meats Pair Well with Stir Fry Cauliflower Rice?
When it comes to stir fry cauliflower rice, I could eat it every day as a side dish. It can be served with chicken breast or thighs, steak bites, pork chops, it can go with anything really. Here are some of my favorite recipes that this stir fry cauliflower rice would be perfect with.
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce– Use the cauliflower rice in this recipe to replace the traditional rice.
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Buttermilk Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe
- Carne Asada
Will the Cauliflower Stick to the Instant Pot?
When you are making the cauliflower in the Instant Pot, you do not have to worry about it sticking. The butter and chicken broth that is added as you are pressure cooking the cauliflower will keep it from sticking. Also, since you are only cooking it for 4 minutes, it cooks perfectly without sticking to the pot.
INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- 1 package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 carrots - peeled and sliced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen cut green beans
- 1 egg
- Green onions - rinsed and diced
- Coarse ground Garlic salt - to taste
- Coarse ground Black pepper - to taste
- 1/4 cup of Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown sugar
- Place the butter and olive oil in the Instant Pot, and press the Saute button.
- When the butter melts, put the chopped onion and minced garlic in the Instant Pot, and saute until golden brown.
- Turn off the Saute setting and add the riced Cauliflower, cauliflower florets, frozen peas, frozen green beans, sliced carrots, and chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press the Manual setting, and set the time for 4 minutes.
- Make sure the Pressure valve is set to SEALING, and press the Manual button again to start the Instant Pot.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking it will beep and go to OFF; make sure all the pressure has been released by turning the pressure valve from Sealing to VENTING.
- Make sure the float valve is down, and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Stir the riced cauliflower and vegetables, and turn the saute setting on.
- Stir fry the cauliflower and vegetables, until all the liquid has been absorbed, and its golden brown.
- Move the riced cauliflower and vegetables to the side of the Instant Pot, and break the egg into the Instant Pot, scramble the egg, and cook until completely done (about 3 - 4 minutes).
- When the egg is done, stir the cauliflower, vegetables, and egg together, until well blended.
- Turn off the Saute setting.
- Sprinkle the Soy sauce, and Brown sugar over the fried rice, and stir again, mixing all ingredients.
- Serve, and top with chopped green onions.