Anyone who loves cheesecake needs to try this Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake. It is so creamy and delicious. Topped with a fresh homemade lime whipped cream and then decorated with slices of lemon, this is a cheesecake that can not be beat.
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
This creamy cheesecake is a combination of sweet and tart and is absolutely amazing. While I love cheesecakes that are rich and decadent, like Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake, I also love cheesecakes that have a different decadence. This cheesecake is still rich, but it offers a deeper flavor that just straight chocolate. One bite of this cheesecake, and you are going to love this fruity combination.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Graham cracker crumbs- You can buy the crumbs already made or you can use graham crackers in the food processor to make you own.
- Unsalted butter- Melt the butter to be combined with the crumbs to form the crust.
- Cream cheese- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature
- Flour- Flour is added to the cheesecake batter to help give it stability from cracking.
- Sugar- What is cheesecake without sugar.
- Pure vanilla extract- Always use real vanilla instead of imitation to give the best flavor.
- Lime- This recipe calls for lime zest and lime juice in the recipe
- Eggs- Always use room temperature eggs to help to prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
- Heavy whipping cream- This is used to make make the lime whipped cream
- Powdered sugar- Powdered sugar works great in whipped cream because it dissolves easier.
How to Make a Key Lime Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Make the crust by combining the crumbs together with the melted butter and form it into the springform pan.
Place the crust in the freezer while you are preparing the cheesecake.
Beat together the cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla and lime zest.
Add in one egg at a time and scrape down the bowl between each addition.
Pour the lime juice and mix until it is combined.
Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Then cover it with foil.
Add the water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside.
Put the cheesecake into the Instant Pot and set the time for 37 minutes on high pressure.
Allow it to do a natural release for 18 minutes and then remove the cheesecake and allow it to cool completely.
Place the cheesecake into the fridge overnight
Before you serve the cheesecake, make the lime whipped cream.
Beat together all of the ingredients until it forms stiff peaks.
Add it into a piping bags and add dollops of the whipped cream onto the edges of the cheesecake and then top with lime slices.
Will Any Lime Juice Work for Key Lime Flavor?
While key lime juice is best when you want a true key lime flavor, you can use traditional limes as well. The taste is similar and most people will not be able to tell the difference.
How do You Know When Cheesecake is Done?
In this case, the cheesecake is done by the time the pressure is released from the pressure cooker. However, if you are baking a cheesecake, it is done when the cheesecake is mostly firm but still has some jiggle in the middle. If the cheesecake is not still jiggily in the center, the cheesecake is over baked.
More Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Creamsicle Cheesecake
- IP Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Raspberry Cheesecake
- IP Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Nutella Cheesecake
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 C crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Key Lime Cheesecake ingredients
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large lime zested
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
Lime Whipped cream
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 small lime zested
- Spray a 6in springform pan with pam baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper
- Combine the butter and crumbs into a large bowl and mix with a fork until combined
- Press into the springform pan and place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake
Key Lime Cheesecake Directions
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, whipping cream, flour, sugar, vanilla and lime zest until combined and creamy
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time until combined and then beat in the egg yolk until combined
- Beat in the lime juice until combined
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Place 1 ½ C of water into the pot
- Place the trivet inside
- Place the cheesecake onto the trivet and lock the lid, turn to sealing
- Cook on manual high pressure for 37 minutes
- Allow to natural release when the timer goes off for 18 minutes
- Remove from pot and place onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
Lime Whipped Cream Directions
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat all ingredients until stiff peaks form
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.