Instant Pot Malted Cheesecake
This amazing Instant Pot Malted Cheesecake is a great dessert to share with your family and friends. This cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot and brings together all the best flavors of a creamy cheesecake with a chocolate crust and combined with malted milk balls.
Instant Pot Malted Cheesecake
I love baking with malted milk and malted milk balls, like Whopper Cake – Malted Milk Ball Cake and Malted Egg Easter Cookies. This Malted Cheesecake is so good, I’m sure you could even eat it all in one sitting. This recipe is very easy to make and the Instant Pot will do most of the work for you. This cheesecake will be perfect for any occasion, such as brunch, dinner, or an after-meal dessert.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You will need to use the chocolate flavor (I used Keebler)
- Butter – Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese – This will need to be softened or at room temp.
- Greek Yogurt- This cuts through the richness of the cheesecake.
- Eggs- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Whopper – The Malted Milk Balls will need to be crushed for this recipe.
- Water – This will be used for the Instant Pot.
- Cheesecake Frosting- This will be used to top the cheesecake.
How to Make a Malted Cheesecake in an Instant Pot
Let the cheesecake cool thoroughly.
What is Malted Milk?
Malted Milk is perfect to use in this Malted Cheesecake recipe because of the flavoring. Malted Milk is simply a flavored drink. This is a drink combining milk, a malt preparation, and ice cream or another flavoring.
Does This Taste Like Whoppers?
Malted Milk is what Whoppers are made out of. Malted milk is in the making of it, and the only difference is the texture of the whoppers because it is a solid compared to a liquid. Whoppers are very good as well because of the delicious flavor of Malted Milk.
More Instant Pot Cheesecakes
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- IP Raspberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Tiramisu Cheesecake
- New York Fudge Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
INSTANT POT MALTED CHEESECAKE
- 1 Pastry bag
- 1 large fluted piping tip
- 2 cups Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs - I used Keebler
- 1/2 cup butter - melted
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3 packages Cream Cheese - 8 ounces each
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Crushed Whopper - Malted Milk Balls
- 1/2 cup water - For Instant Pot
- 1 can Cheesecake Frosting
- Place the Chocolate crumbs in a bowl, add the sugar, and stir. Melt butter in the microwave, and pour over the chocolate crumbs. Stir well to combine. Line the bottom of a 6-inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper. Lightly grease the sides of the Spring-form pan with Butter. Place the crumbs in the pan, on the parchment. Press evenly into the pan, and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Cream Cheese. Sugar, and Yogurt, and Vanilla, and mix until well blended, creamy, and smooth. Add the eggs, and mix. Crush the Whoppers, and fold into the cheesecake filling with a spatula. Pour the cheesecake filling into the Spring-form pan, on top of the chocolate crumbs.
- Place the frosting in the refrigerator to chill, for easier piping to decorate.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the Trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover the Spring-form pan with Foil, and place the Spring-form pan in the lifter that came with the Instant Pot. Lift the pan into the Instant Pot, and set it on the Trivet, leaving the lifter in the Instant Pot, so you can easily lift out the cheesecake when done. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the Pressure Valve is set to 'SEALING'. Press the 'PRESSURE COOK' button, and set the time for 55 minutes. When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, allow the pressure to be released Naturally. When the Float Valve has dropped down, make sure all the pressure has been released by gently turning the pressure valve to 'VENTING'. Remove the lid, and carefully lift out the cheesecake, and set it on a wire rack to cool. Cheesecake may still be a little wobbly in the center but will set up in the refrigerator. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely. Then, wrap in Parchment paper, and foil, and refrigerate overnight. I like to make this ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, before serving.
- Place frosting in a pastry piping bag, with a large fluted tip. Pipe big dollops of frosting all around the top edge of the cheesecake. Place whole Malted Milk Balls on top of the Frosting (see photos) and place crushed, or crumbled Malted Milk Balls in the center of the cheesecake. Serve, and Enjoy!