Looking for a simple Mint Chocolate Chip Cake for St. Patrick’s Day? This delicious Instant Pot Cake is simple to make with a burst of mint flavor. Moist and delicious and covered with chocolate ganache, this cake is sure to be a treat.
Looking for a fantastic cocktail to go with your Mint Chocolate Chip Cake? Try McGregor Irish Cream Cocktail
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
Cakes that are made in the Instant Pot come out beautifully. They are not dry, like some cakes can be when overbaked. The cake tastes amazing, and they are incredibly easy to make. This Mint Chocolate Chip cake is no exception. It tastes amazing with its chocolate ganache over the top.
Ingredients You Will Need
- French vanilla cake mix
- Mint green food coloring
- Pure mint extract
- Semi sweet chocolate chip
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make a Mint Chocolate Chip Cake in the Instant Pot
Using a mixer, beat together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, oil and mint extract with the green food coloring.
Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Prepare a 7 inch bundt pan with grease and flour, then pour the batter into the pan.
Add 1 cup of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and then place the trivet inside.
Make a foil sling and carefully lower the cake pan onto the top of the trivet. Loosely fold the foil sling over the top of the pan.
Close the lid and set it to sealing.
Set the high pressure to 35 minutes.
Once the time is up, do a quick pressure release.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the cake pan and put the cake onto a plate.
Next, make the Chocolate Ganache by heating the heavy cream in a saucepan until it is steaming.
While the cream is heating, add the chocolate chips to a heat safe bowl.
Once the cream is starting to boil, remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate chips.
Let it sit for one minute and then whisk it together until it is smooth.
Pour the ganache over the cake and then let it sit for a few minutes.
Allow the ganache to set before cutting the cake.
How do I Turn the Cake Green?
To turn this cake green you will be using mint green food coloring. This will give you a bright green color. While the food coloring doesn’t change the taste, it makes the cake look the part for St. Patrick’s Day. If you wanted to remove the green dye you couldn’t without affecting anything other than the color.
Does This Mint Chocolate Cake Have to be Refrigerated?
This cake does not need to be stored in the refrigerator. Chocolate ganache is ok to be left out for several days before it needs to be moved to the refrigerator making this cake perfect to be stored on the counter, at room temperature, covered well with a cake lid or plastic.
Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 drops mint green food coloring
- 1 tbsp pure mint extract
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, oil, mint extract and mint green food coloring.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter
- Grease and flour a 7 inch bundt pan.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a plate.
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!