If you love cheesecake, this is the recipe for you. Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake is the best thing you will ever taste. With the creaminess of cheesecake, mixed with Oreos and made in the Instant Pot, nothing gets better than this.
If you do not have an Instant Pot, or want a twist on Oreo Cheesecake, try this Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
When it comes to cheesecake many people think that it is hard to make. Making Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake could not be easier to make. Since it is just basically mixing the batter and setting it in the Instant Pot you can almost forget about it. Make this amazing Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake for a simple decadent dessert.
Is It Easy to Make Oreo Cheesecake in Instant Pot
It is actually extremely easy to make an Oreo Cheesecake in the Instant Pot. I have found the most difficult thing about the process is that is can be hard to get the pan out of the inner pot. The best thing to do is to make a foil sling when you are putting the cheesecake in the inner pot. This gives you handles to bring the springform pan out of the pot.
How to Prevent an Instant Pot Cheesecake From Cracking
There are a few things to do that will help prevent an Instant Pot Cheesecake from cracking.
First, make sure the eggs and cream cheese are room temperature. When you use these ingredients cold, the fats do not always combine correctly and can create cracks.
Next, make sure you grease the pan. This allows the cheesecake to pull away from the sides which will prevent the top from cracking.
Lastly, when the time is done, do not be tempted to bake it longer. Follow the directions on pressure time, release time and cool time. This should help prevent cracking as well.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- White chocolate chips
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
Prepare the springform pan by greasing it and if you want, add a layer of parchment paper.
First, combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
Transfer the butter and crumb mixture to the pan and press the mixture to form a crust. Work the crust up the sides of the pan about half way.
Refrigerate the crust for at least 20 minutes.
Bring the ingredients out and let them come to room temperature.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch on medium-low speed. Beat until it is light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the bowl.
Beat on low and add in the heavy cream and beat until it is well blended. Scrape down the bowl.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each one. Add in the vanilla.
Slowly add in the chopped cookies, stirring to mix them together.
Bring the crust out of the refrigerator and slowly pour the cheesecake batter into the crust.
How to Make Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Place the trivet into the Instant Pot
Add in 1 1/2 cups of water.
Make the foil sling and lower the cheesecake an into the trivet. Cover the springform pan with foil.
Set the pressure to high for 30 minutes to 35 minutes. 30 minutes will give a creamier cheesecake and 35 minutes creates a denser cheesecake
Let the Instant Pot fo a natural pressure release for 20-30 minutes
How to Make Ganache Direction
Put the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Heat it until it just begins to bubble.
In a medium bowl, add the chocolate chips. Pour the hot heavy cream over the chocolate. Let it sit for about 1 minute.
Mix together until completely blended. If it does not all melt, heat for another 45 seconds.
Take the cheesecake from the pan and put it on a servings plate.
Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and garnish with Oreo cookies.
Return the left over cheesecake to the refrigerator. Cover the cheesecake loosely with foil. It will last in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter melted
- 2 packages 8 oz each cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C heavy cream room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 Oreo cookies chopped
- 1/3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 8 Oreo cookies chopped
- Prep springform pan with non-stick spray
- Set aside
- Crush cookies
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl. Stir until both ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepped pan. With a measuring cup press down on the mixture to make a crust. With this crush work to line the sides to about the middle of the pan.
- Move to the refrigerator and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- (Before you start ensure that all of the ingredients are at room temp.)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch on medium-low speed. Continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add in the heavy cream. Beat until blended. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add one egg at at a time beating after each addition until combined. Add the vanilla beating to to mix well.
- Slowly begin to add in the chopped cookies. Stir to mix.
- Transfer the crust from the refrigerator. Slowly begin to pour the cheesecake batter into the prepped pan.
- Put the metal trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Gently place the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet. Cover the pan that has the cheesecake with foil.
- Set on manual setting. Adjust the pressure to high. Cook for 30 minutes. (30 minutes will make the cheesecake creamy while 35 minutes will result in a denser cheesecake.)
- When the IP beeps, release the pressure naturally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully open the IP. Gently move the cheesecake to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 1 hour. Carefully run a paring knife around the edges of the cheesecake.
- Transfer the cheesecake (still in the springform pan) to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Put the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. (Or until it begins to bubble.)
- In a medium bowl add the white chocolate chips. Pour the hot heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips. Check to make sure all of the chips are covered with the heavy cream. Set the bowl aside for about 1 minute.
- After the minute start to slowly stir the mixture until all is totally blended. (If not all of the chips are melted return the bowl for another 20 seconds.) Stir. Repeat these last 2 steps as necessary until the chips are melted and incorporated. (If the mixture is too thin add move chips, If the mixture is too thick add more cream. If added stir until all ingredients are blended.)
- Move the serving plate close to the cheesecake. Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Set it on the serving plate.
- Carefully pour the ganache over the cheesecake.
- Garnish with chopped Oreo cookies.
- Set the cheesecake aside allowing the ganache to harden before cutting and serving.
- Return the left over cheesecake to the refrigerator. Cover the cheesecake loosely with foil. It will last in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
- instant pot (6 cup)
- spring form pan (7X3 in)
- metal trivet
- Non stick spray
- ziploc bag and rolling pin
- Large bowl
- Measuring cup
- Electric mixer w/ mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- paring knife
- Wire cooling rack
- bowl (microwave safe)
- Medium bowl
- Serving plate