When it comes to cheesecake, there is nothing better than this Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake. It is rich and creamy and packed with chocolate peanut butter flavor. Best of all, it is made in the Instant pot which takes all of the work out of it. This is going to become one of your favorite cheesecake recipes.
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Making cheesecake in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to make them. It is so easy. I have made everything from Instant Pot Raspberry Cheesecake to Instant Pot Tiramisu Cheesecake. Each one has been amazing, and this Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake is no exception.
- Graham cracker crumbs- You will need the chocolate flavor for this recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in your recipe.
- Cream cheese- You will need to have the cream cheese at room temp or softened.
- Brown sugar- This sugar will add richness to your dessert that regular sugar will not.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness in the recipe and give incredible flavor.
- Eggs- You will need to have your eggs at room temperature.
- Peanut butter- This will be used to be mixed into your cheesecake for the peanut butter flavor.
- Heavy whipping cream- heavy whipping cream helps to give the creamy texture of the cheesecake.
- Dark chocolate chips- This will be melted in with your cream.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting and icing.
- Milk- You will need to use whole or 2 % milk.
- Mini peanut butter cups- These will be optional for this recipe.
How to Make an Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Make the Crust
You will need a springform pan and use parchment paper to place at the bottom. Cut the parchment paper to fit in your pan.
You will need to place at the base of the pan and spray evenly with Pam.
Use a medium bowl, mix your cracker crumbs and sugar together.
Mix in the butter to your crumbs and mix until a wet sand forms.
Add the finished crumbs to your pan and press into the base and up the sides at least 1 inch.
Put your crust into the freezer to set while you make your filling.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
Add in the cream cheese, brown sugar, and sour cream in a mixer until completely combined.
One at a time, add in the eggs and mix after each one.
Mix in the peanut butter until creamy.
Put the chocolate chips and cream into a small bowl or measuring cup and combine. At 50% power, put in the microwave for 20 seconds. Continuously stir every 5 seconds until melted.
Use half of your cheesecake filling and pour it into the crust. Add half of the chocolate mixture onto the surface of the filling and use a knife or skewer to swirl together. Pour the other half of the filling inside and then the rest of the chocolate and swirl together again.
Use foil to cover the cheesecake and seal tight.
Pour in 1 1/2 cups of water into the IP. Put the trivet inside and put the cheesecake in.
Follow the directions as directed on the IP instructions and set at high pressure for 45 minutes.
When the time is up, let it rest for 10 minutes and let the pressure release manually, and take out the cheesecake.
Take the foil away and let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour. Place in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
Make the Peanut Butter Icing
Mix the peanut butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl and add in as much milk as use want to reach your desired consistency.
Add the icing into a piping bag and add all around the edge of the finished cheesecake. Add some mini peanut butter cups on top.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Size Pan Do I Make Cheesecake In?
The size you can use for this Peanut Butter Cheesecake all depends on the Instant Pot. The size of the Instant Pot varies. Most IP’s have an 8 inch size pan, but depending on yours, you could use a 7 inch pan.
What is a Good Crust for Peanut Butter Cheesecake?
You can buy premade crusts or make your own homemade for this Peanut Butter Cheesecake. You can use many different types of crust that will fit very well for this recipe. The best option is the one in this recipe, but you can use other flavors you think will fit well.
More Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes
- New York Fudge Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- IP Margarita Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot S’Mores Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 c chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- ¼ c butter softened
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 c brown sugar
- ¼ c sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ c peanut butter
- 6 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1 c 1 c peanut butter
- ½ c ½ c sour cream
- 1 c 1 c powdered sugar
- ¼ c ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter softened
- ¼ c milk
- 12-15 mini peanut butter cups, optional
- Cut a circle of parchment paper the size of the bottom of your springform pan.
- Place into bottom of pan and spray paper and sides of pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chocolate graham cracker crumbs and sugar to a medium bowl.
- Add butter and mix by hand until the consistency of wet sand.
- Scoop graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom and up the sides
- about 1-inch.
- Place crust into freezer while making filling.
- Using a mixer, mix cream cheese, brown sugar and sour cream until thoroughly
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add peanut butter, mixing well until creamy.
- In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, combine chocolate chips and cream.
- Microwave for 20 seconds at 50-percent power. Stir and continue heating in 5-second
- intervals until melted.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling into crust. Drizzle half of the chocolate across the
- surface of filling and pull a butter knife or skewer through to form a swirl. Pour second half
- of filling over swirled filling. Add second half of chocolate and make another swirl over
- Cover cheesecake with foil, sealing edges.
- Add 1½ cups of water into bottom of instant pot.
- Set cheesecake on trivet and lower into instant pot.
- Seal according to your instant pot directions and set to 45 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is over, let sit for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure and
- remove cheesecake.
- Remove foil from cheesecake. Allow to cool for one hour, then refrigerate overnight
- or at least 4 hours.
Peanut Butter Icing
- Mix peanut butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add milk
- to thin to desired consistency.
- Using piping tip of choice, pipe around edge of cheesecake (I used a #4B). Add mini
- peanut butter cups around edge.