Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
Combining twice baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese makes an amazing side dish recipe. This incredible Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes may just become a family favorite in your household.
Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
This recipe is super delicious! If you want a twist on a steak house favorite, then this is for you. As a bonus, it only takes a few minutes in an Instant Pot instead of a few hours! This side dish is just incredible and will be a great compliment to any dinner you have in mind to pair it with. Be sure you put this in your favorite recipe book!
- Potatoes – Be sure to use white baking potatoes for this recipe.
- Butter- Divided up and use unsalted to control the salt.
- Bacon – Make sure the bacon is cooked and crumbled.
- Minced garlic- You can mince your own garlic or buy pre-made.
- Garlic salt- This will be used as additional flavor.
- Seasoned salt- This will be used to bring out the flavors.
- Seasoned Pepper- This is an additional season for taste.
- Colby Jack cheese- Be sure to buy shredded or shred your own cheese.
- Broccoli florets- You want to make sure to steam your broccoli.
How to Make Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
Make sure to clean your Potatoes, and set them in the Instant Pot.
Pour in 1 cup of water, and add a little Garlic salt.
Put the lid on the IP, wait for it to beep and then lock.
Be sure that the PRESSURE VALVE is set to SEALING. Switch to MANUAL, and set for 6 minutes.
When the IP finishes cooking, you will then want to do a quick release, by twisting the Pressure valve, with a potholder to keep from burning your hands, then from the SEALING position to VENTING.
Take off the lid to the IP, and using some kitchen tongs, take out the potatoes and add to a plate, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
As the potatoes are resting, put the trivet in the bottom of the IP.
Add in the broccoli florets into a steamer basket, and put the basket in the IP, and set on top of the trivet.
Pour in 1 cup of water, and put the lid on the IP.
Be sure the pressure valve is on SEALING. Set to Manual and set for – 0 – minutes.
Let the IP rise in pressure, and when it is finished, beeps and switches to off, twist the valve to VENTING, and let all the pressure release.
Allow the steamed Broccoli to sit in the IP for 1 minute.
Take out the basket, and out the finished Broccoli in a bowl. You will want to melt 1/3 cup of butter, and add garlic salt to the butter. Drizzle melted butter over broccoli, and toss.
Put the potatoes on the lined cookie sheet.
Using a sharp knife, slice the potatoes open, without cutting all the way through.
Using a large spoon, take out the inside of the potato, and put it in a bowl.
You want to completely hallow them out. Mash the insides of the potato, and put in 1/2 stick of butter in the crushed potatoes.
Allow the butter to melt, then mix well. Sprinkle in the Garlic salt, Seasoned salt, and seasoned pepper, and mix it well.
Then, add in the minced garlic, and half of the shredded cheese. Pour in half of the crumbled bacon, and mix again.
Then, fill up the hallowed skins with the mashed mixture.
Put the steamed broccoli florets on top of each potato.
Add on top of the potatoes the remainder of the crumbled bacon and cheese over the potatoes.
Set you finished potatoes on the cookie sheet and for 10-15 minutes, cook in the oven at 400 degrees or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and just a little bit browned.
Remove Potatoes from cookie sheet, serve, and enjoy!
How Long Does it Take to Make Baked Potatoes in the Instant Pot?
Making anything in an Instant pot is always very fast. You can cut the time in half just by using this instead of a pan on the stove. This will roughly only take about 10 minutes to fully cook your potatoes.
Variations of Twice Baked Potatoes
There are many variations to twice-baked potatoes. Really anything you think that fits well with potatoes would be a great option. You can add in meats and other veggies to create something that tastes like Thanksgiving in a single bite. You can add different varieties of cheese and more. It’s up to your imagination.
More Delicious Potato Recipes
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – Super Creamy
- The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Funeral Potatoes Recipe
- Air Fryer Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Breakfast Potatoes
Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese
- 6 Potatoes - white baking potatoes
- 1 stick butter - divided - see instructions
- 8 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- Wash the Potatoes, and place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water, and sprinkle with Garlic salt.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the PRESSURE VALVE is set to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 6 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot finishes cooking, do a quick release, by turning the Pressure valve, with a pot holder, from the SEALING position to VENTING.
- Make sure all the pressure is released, and make sure the FLOAT VALVE is down.
- Remove the lid to the Instant Pot, and with Kitchen tongs, remove the potatoes to a plate, and allow them to sit for about 5 minutes.
- While the Potatoes are resting, place the trivet that came with your instant pot in the bottom of the pot.
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket, and place the basket in the Instant Pot, on top of the trivet.
- Add 1 cup of water, and place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING.
- Press the Manual button and set the time for - 0 - minutes.
- Let the Instant pot come up to pressure, and as soon as it's finished, beeps and goes to off, turn the valve to VENTING, and make sure all the pressure has been released.
- Let the Broccoli sit in the Instant Pot for 1 minute.
- Remove the steamer basket, and place the Broccoli in a bowl.
- Melt 1/3 cup of butter, and sprinkle melted butter with garlic salt.
- Pour melted butter over broccoli, and toss.
- Place the Potatoes on a Parchment lined cookie sheet.
- With a sharp knife, cut the potatoes open, but don't cut all the way through.
- With a large spoon, scoop out the inside of the potato, and place it in a bowl.
- They should look like a hollowed out boat - see photos -
- Mash the potato that has been scooped out, and place 1/2 stick of butter in the mashed potatoes.
- Let the butter melt, then stir well.
- Add the Garlic salt, Seasoned salt and seasoned pepper, and stir.
- Add the minced garlic, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Add half of the crumbled bacon, and stir.
- Fill the hollowed out potatoes with the mashed potato mixture, until they're full.
- Place Broccoli florets on top of each potato.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the crumbled bacon over the potatoes, and top with remaining cheese.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly browned.
- Remove Potatoes from cookie sheet, serve, and enjoy!