If you love chicken wings, but think it is too hard to make them at home, you are going to love this Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe. These wings are crispy and moist covered with a jalapeno BBQ sauce. With all the best flavors of take out chicken wings, from the comfort of your home for a fraction of the cost, this Jalapeno BBQ Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe is sure to become a favorite.
If you want another way to make delicious chicken wings, try Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Wings.
Jalapeno BBQ Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are a family favorite. We always have them for game day or cookouts. They are great for a simple appetizer that everyone will love. However, when you order wings as take out, they are very expensive and you have no control over the flavor. With this chicken wing recipe, you can a large number of wings for a fraction of the cost. There is no fuss with trying to fry them in oil and make a big mess. These wings are made in the Instant Pot so they are done fast and with minimal effort.
Where Can I Find Jalapeno Jelly?
Jalapeno jelly can be found in most grocery stores and online. It is either in with the rest of the jelly products or you can find it in the condiment section. If you can not find it in a local store, you can always order it online through Amazon.
How do I Get Instant Pot Wings Crispy?
Since chicken wings need to be crispy, you are going to saute the wings in a little bit of oil first. You are not worried about cooking the wings all the through because you are only trying to make the skin crispy. Once the skin has turned brown, you want to take them out of the Instant Pot. When you put them back in for the pressure cooking, you will finish cooking the chicken.
Ingredients for BBQ Chicken Wings
- Bbq sauce
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chicken wings
- Jalapeno Jelly
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Add oil to the Instant Pot and saute on high.
Add one layer of chicken into the pot.
Saute the chicken, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Once the chicken starts to get browned, remove it from the Instant Pot. You do not want to fully cook the chicken, only make it crisp.
Hit cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
In a separate bowl, add all of the sauce ingredients. Mix well.
Next, add the chicken and sauce to the Instant Pot.
Set the valve on top to seal and set the pressure to high for 8 minutes.
Do a quick release until the pressure is released.
Carefully remove the chicken and place it on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Baste the chicken with the sauce from the Instant Pot and broil them on high for 5 minutes.
Turn the wings over, baste and broil for another 2 minutes.
Instant Pot Jalapeno jelly BBQ Chicken Wings
- Add 3 tbsp. Canola oil and turn your Instant pot to saute high
- Add your chicken in one layer.
- Saute turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Once you see a light golden brown in color remove from the Instant pot.
- You do NOT want them fully cooked.
- We are just adding a crisp and crunchy texture to the chicken.
- Hit cancel
- In medium sized bowl add all the sauce ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Now add the chicken and sauce to the Instant pot.
- Set the valve on top to seal.
- Set the pressure on high for 8 minutes
- Quickly release the value on top until all the pressure has released.
- Carefully remove the lid and place the cooked chicken wings on a pan
- lined with foil.
- Baste them with some more of the left over bbq sauce in the Instant Pot.
- Broil them in the oven on high for 5 minutes to allow the bbq to caramelize.
- Turn the wings over, baste and then broil for another 2 minutes.