These Keto Fried Green Tomatoes have all the flavors and crunch of the traditional recipe. The difference is, they are much healthier since they are low carb and not fried. Made in the Air Fryer, these Fried Green Tomatoes make the perfect summertime side dish.
Make Fried Green Tomatoes with Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad for the perfect light dinner or lunch.
Keto Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried Green Tomatoes are a southern classic that are loved by everyone. People love to serve these tomatoes like this because they hold up beautifully and have such an amazing flavor. These tomatoes are sturdy. The tomatoes slice easily which helps to keep the tomatoes from falling apart. These tomatoes are slightly sour with a terrific crunch and are a fabulous side dish.
- Green tomatoes
- Pork rind crumbs
- Almond flour
- Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes in the Air Fryer
Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees.
Slice the green tomatoes about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the almond flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
Place the egg, beaten, in a bowl with the whipping cream.
Place the pork rind crumbs in a plate or a shallow bowl.
Dip the sliced tomatoes in the flour, then the egg mixture, and then in the pork rind crumbs.
Place the tomatoes in the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. The tomatoes will be tender inside with a crunchy outside.
Serve the tomatoes as is or with a creamy spicy sauce.
Are Fried Green Tomatoes Just Unripe Tomatoes?
When you make fried green tomatoes, most of the time you are using under ripe tomatoes. While this is usually the case, there are a few varieties of heirloom tomatoes, like green zebra tomatoes, that are green even when they have ripened.
What do you Serve with Fried Green Tomatoes for Dipping?
There are a lot of different sauces that people use to dip their Fried Green Tomatoes in. Most commonly people make a mayonnaise and sriracha sauce, remoulade sauce, or horseradish cream sauce.
Are these Tomatoes Keto
When you make these fried green tomatoes using this recipe, they are considered keto. Instead of using bread crumbs, this recipe use almond flour and pork rinds.
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 medium green tomatoes
- 1 cup pork rind crumbs roughly 3 oz. crushed
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut the green tomatoes into thin slices about ¼ -½ of an inch thick depending on your preference.
- Add the almond flour, paprika and salt and pepper to taste to a shallow bowl or plate. Stir to combine well.
- Place the beaten egg and heavy whipping cream into a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Put the pork rind crumbs into a separate shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip both sides of the tomato slices in the almond flour, then place it into the egg mixture before finally dredging it in the pork rind crumbs.
- Place the coated tomato slices into the air fryer, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the tomatoes are tender inside and crunchy on the outside.