These Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes are a tasty dessert with the zesty flavor of blackberry filled lemon cupcakes paired with the sweetness of a creamy lemon buttercream frosting and blackberry crumble on top.
Looking for cupcakes? You sure have found a great place to be! We’ve got so many amazing cupcake recipes.
Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes
Don’t you just love the flavor of lemon? It took me getting older to really appreciate lemon desserts and venture away from all things chocolate. These cupcakes are a delicious introduction to lemon if you haven’t taken the leap yet. Plus, they’re super easy.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lemon Cake Mix. We’re starting with a simple base cupcake and then spicing it up.
- Cake Mix Box Ingredients: eggs, butter, water.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Whipping Cream.
- Lemons. We need lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Blackberry Pie Filling. This will be our topping.
- Brown Sugar.
Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes Recipe
Since we are beginning with a boxed cake mix (one of my favorite baking hacks ever, by the way) this recipe is very easy.
- Bake the cupcakes. Follow the instructions below to cook and cool your cupcakes.
- Make frosting. While the cupcakes cool, use a mixer to combine all the ingredients and fill in a piping bag.
- Make the crumble. Simply mix the crumble ingredients with your fingers until they are the right consistency.
- Assemble. Pipe a ring of frosting onto your cupcake, leaving a bit of the center open for blackberries. Add a dollop of pie filling into the well and top by sprinkling the crumble.
If by chance you aren’t a big fan of blackberries (or perhaps even allergic) just skip the last step. The only place there are blackberries in this recipe is in that pie filling.
This is a really delicious dessert for spring and summer. I can’t wait to make them again!
More Cupcakes To Try Next
Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes
- 1 box Lemon Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
Lemon Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 – 6 Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large lemon zested
- 21 ounces blackberry pie filling
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners.
- Using a hand or standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and mixed.
- Scoop ¾ batter into the liners.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and stiff with peaks.
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, mix ingredients together until combined and crumble like.
- Building the cupcake directions.
- Pipe a ring of frosting onto the top of the cupcake.
- Repeat step again to have a “wall” of frosting.
- Scoop some of the blackberry pie filling into the center of the frosting.
- Sprinkle some crumble on top.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 Cupcake pan
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.