Loaded Chocolate M&M Cookies
Does it get any better than chocolate cookies with M&Ms? These Loaded Chocolate M&M Cookies are packed with chocolate chips and MMs. Bite into these decadent chewy cookies for a spectacular treat.
Chocolate M&M Cookies
As someone who enjoys the tons of flavors and textures of cookies, these Chocolate M&M Cookies are my favorite for sure. These cookies are packed with chocolate M & M’s and are super soft and chewy. The chocolate flavor will just melt in your mouth and have you falling in love. You will definitely want to write this recipe down for the future, so be sure to keep it handy.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in your recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add moisture and richness to your recipe.
- Sugar- All great desserts include sugar in their recipe.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cocoa- This will be the main flavoring for your chocolate.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your cake to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- M&M’s– You will need to use mini M&M’s for this recipe.
- Chocolate chips– These will be placed on top of the cookies.
How to Make Chocolate M&M Cookies
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Add the butter, brown sugar, and sugar into a mixing bowl of a standing mixer. Combine for 1 minute until creamy and fluffy.
Put in the egg and vanilla and mix again to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into another bowl.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine at low speed.
Take the bowl off of the standing mixer and use a spatula to scrape the sides to remove the excess batter, combine until smooth. The dough should be thick.
Use a silicone liner to prepare a cookie sheet.
Using a cookie scoop, add the dough to the prepared sheet.
Add M&M’s to your dough by pressing them into the dough until the dough is completely covered in M&M’s.
Place the cookies into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
Transfer the cookies to a wire rack.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Add Other Candy Besides M&M’s?
My take on this recipe is that it is perfect the way it is. The M & M’s do something so special to the recipe, that just pulls it together. However, if you don’t want to use them, you can add things like chocolate chips, caramel pieces, or even chopped Oreos. But, let me say that you will want to give this a try before adding or taking anything out.
Can I Use Shortening in M&M Cookies?
You can indeed use shortening for this M & M recipe. Shortening will do your cookies wonders with the texture. Shortening will actually make your cookies a lot softer and chewy.
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
Loaded Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 1/2 Stick of Butter - softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Mini M & M's - to top cookies
- 1 cup Chocolate chips - to top cookies
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees to pre-heat. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Butter, Brown Sugar, and Sugar, and mix for about 1 minute, or until creamy and fluffy. Add the Egg, and Vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, and blend on low just until mixed. Remove the mixing bowl, and scrape the sides of the bowl, and blend until smooth. The cookie dough will be thick.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking liner. Scoop out a scoop of cookie dough, with a cookie scoop, and place the scoop on the Silicone lined cookie sheet. Press M & M's and chocolate chips all around the scoop of cookie dough, until it's covered.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, and Enjoy!