Maple Snickerdoodles – Soft and Chewy
How to I Make These Chewy Maple Snickerdoodles?
This recipe is written to make sure the maple snickerdoodles are chewy. In addition to these ingredients, the other way to make sure these are perfectly chewy is to make sure not to overbake them. Overbaking cookies is the fastest way to take a soft or chewy cookie and turn it into a crispy cookie.
Can I Use Maple Flavoring and Karo Syrup Instead?
If you do not have maple syrup on hand or just don’t want to use it, you can swap it for maple flavoring and Karo syrup instead. You would use the same amount of Karo Syrup as you do the maple syrup and then add a teaspoon or 2 of the maple flavoring.
Ingredients for Maple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Snickerdoodles
To begin, you will cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy. I use a stand mixer for best results.
Next, add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and egg then beat to combine.
When you are ready to make the cookies, you will preheat the oven and prepare your baking/cookie sheets with parchment paper liners.In a small bowl, you will combine the sugar and cinnamon to coat the cookies. Set this aside until later.
Maple Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Electric mixer w/ mixing bowl
- 1- large bowl
- Cookie scoop
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- small bowl
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Prep cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the mixing bowl. Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and egg in with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- In the large bowl sift the dry ingredients.
- Slowly, a little at a time add these ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop out the dough into 1 1/2 balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. (Or until the tops of the cookies have cracked and the cookies are set).