Mint Oreo Cake
Mint Oreo Cake is a triple layer vanilla cake with layers of creamy Oreo frosting. This is a dessert that will wow anyone who takes a bite.
Mint Oreo Cake
The basics of this cake is a homemade vanilla recipe with mint extract and then we color each layer with varying shades of green.
- Mint Extract
- Baking Powder
- Gel Food Coloring
- Mint Oreos
How To Make Mint Oreo Cake
Begin by whisking the milk and vanilla together.
Separately, mix the butter and sugar together.
In a third bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together.
Then you can start pouring the wet mixture and dry mixture into the butter mixture a little at a time.
In another large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks. Then, fold that into the other mixture.
Divide the batter into thirds and color one light green, one medium green and one dark green.
How To Make Oreo Cake Frosting
- Mint Oreos
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients until stiff peaks form. Scoop the frosting onto each layer and sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
Building The Cake
Make vanilla frosting by combining the butter, sugar, whipping cream and vanilla and mix until stiff peaks form.
Then, cover the layered cake with the icing. Next, color two with green and dark green gel coloring. Pipe each color around the cake.
Smooth it out with a spatula. So pretty!
Lastly, make the ganache and pour drizzles over the top of the cake. Add some icing dollops and more Oreos and you’re done! This cake looks so beautiful and I can’t want for everyone to try it this St. Patrick’s Day.
Mint Oreo Cake
- 3 9 inch round cake pans
- 3 sheets of parchment paper
- 1 10 inch round cake board
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 C sugar
- 3 C flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 large egg whites
- Kelly green leaf green and mint green gel food coloring
- 4 C crushed mint Oreos leaving some whole mint Oreos for decorating
Oreo Frosting Ingredients
- 2 C unsalted butter softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C mint Oreo's finely crushed
- 4-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 3 C unsalted butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 disposable piping bags
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a medium star tip
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 squeeze bottle
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's and spray all 3 cake pan with pam baking spray and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and vanilla and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder
- Alternating between the milk and dry ingredients, gradually pour into the butter mixture. Mixing on low to medium speed until combined
- Using another large mixing bowl and a hand mixer, beat the eggs until stiff peaks form
- Fold into the cake batter
- Divide the batter between three bowls
- Mix in a few drops of kelly green food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in a few drops of leaf green food coloring into the second bowl
- Min in a few drops of mint green food coloring into the third bowl
- You should have three different shades of green
- Pour the batter's into the cake pans
- Bake in the oven for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before removing from cake pans
- Place the cakes onto a cutting board
- Using a cake slicer, remove the domes from the cakes
- Place one layer of cake onto the cake board
Mint Oreo Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients together until stiff peaks form. About 5-7 minutes
- Scoop about 1 C of the mint Oreo frosting onto the darker green cake layer
- Sprinkle 1/2 C of the crushed Oreos onto the top of the frosting
- Place the second lighter green cake layer on top
- Repeat steps with the frosting and another cup of crushed Oreos
- Place the last layer of cake on top
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all of the vanilla ingredients into the mixer and mix until stiff peaks form
- Scoop two cups of frosting onto the cake and frost the cake
- Smooth with an angled spatula until smooth
- Place a 9 inch round cake board onto the top of the cake
- Split the frosting into three bowls
- Mix in leaf green food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in mint green food coloring into the second bowl
- Leave the third bowl white
- Scoop each frosting into their own piping bags
- Scoop some white vanilla frosting into the piping bag with the star tip
- Cut the tips off the piping bags
- Pipe the darker green around the edge of the bottom of the cake twice
- Pipe the lighter green around the middle twice
- Pipe the white frosting around the top twice
- Smooth with an angled spatula
- In a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is steaming, pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for a minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Gradually pour the chocolate ganache into drizzles over the top of the cake
- Allow the ganache to harden
- Pipe vanilla frosting, sprinkle some crushed Oreos over the vanilla frosting, place the whole Oreos onto the side of the frosting
- Cut into slices and enjoy