No-Bake Lemon Icebox Cake
It does not get easier than making this Lemon Icebox Cake. This is a simple no bake dessert that is sweet and tart and tastes amazing. This ice box cake is sure to be a hit.
Lemon Icebox Cake
This is so good, you could eat the whole thing! Its so simple, and a real throw back to when these types of layered ice box desserts were all the rage, circa 1960’s. It’s really simple to put together, and it’s light, and cool, and everyone will love it. You make it ahead, so you can do this the night before, and it will be ready when you need to serve it. Make sure to put this one in your favorites.
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers- Any brand of graham crackers will work
- OUI Yogurt- This is the best yogurt for the recipe
- Lemon JELLO- This helps to bring the icebox cake together and gives a great flavor.
- JELLO cheesecake pudding- This adds an incredible flavor.
- Cool whip- Cool Whip makes this dessert light and fluffy.
- Dickinson’s Lemon Curd- This packs a delicious lemon flavor.
How to Make Lemon Icebox Cake
Place the graham crackers in the bottom of an 8*8 pan.
In a bowl, mix together the yogurt with 1 tablespoon of lemon jello until it is well combined.
Pour the yogurt over the crackers and smooth it out evenly.
Place another layer of crackers on top.
Mix the cheesecake pudding with 1 cup of milk and mix it together well.
Spread it over the layer of crackers and place the dish in the refrigerator.
Blend the thawed Cool Ship with 2 tablespoons of lemon pudding.
Add another layer of crackers and then add Cool Whip Mixture.
Place it back in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Spread the lemon curd over the Cool Whip layer and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
How Long is Icebox Cake Good?
Icebox cakes will stay good in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Honestly, this cake is so good, it might not last that long.
Can I Freeze Icebox Cake?
You can easily freeze an icebox cake. You will want to store it in the refrigerator for the first 24 hours. This lets the flavors combine well and then moisten the graham crackers. This brings the cake together and creates the cake like texture. You can then move the cake to freezer. Make sure that it is covered well.
More Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes
- Lemonade Sheet Cake
- Lemon Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
LEMON ICEBOX CAKE
- 1 box honey maid graham crackers
- 2 jars OUI Yogurt 5 - 6 ounces
- 1 package lemon JELLO
- 1 package JELLO cheesecake pudding 3.4 ounces
- 1 tub cool whip 8-12 ounces
- 1 jar Dickinson's Lemon Curd
- Line the bottom of an 8X8 inch dish with a double layer of graham crackers, and set aside. Place the OUI Yogurt in a bowl, and add 1 heaping Tablespoon of the Lemon Jello, and stir until well blended.
- Pour the Yogurt over the graham crackers, and smooth evenly. Place another double layer of graham crackers on top of the yogurt.
- Mix the Cheesecake pudding with one cup of milk, and stir well.
- Spread the pudding evenly over the graham crackers.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator.
- Thaw the cool whip, and Blend 2 Tablespoon of lemon pudding into the cool whip.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and place graham crackers over the pudding.
- Add the cool whip on top of the graham cracker, and smooth out evenly.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator
- After 2 hours, open the Lemon Curd, and spread the lemon curd smoothly on top of the cool whip layer.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator, and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- When ready to serve, cut in 2 X 3 inch pieces, and Enjoy!