If you love the taste of chocolate and the sweet taste of pumpkin, you may just fall in love with these Nutella Chocolate Pumpkin Bars. These delicious bars will just melt in your mouth and your friends and family will be coming to you for seconds.
Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
This Nutella Pumpkin Bars recipe is so incredible. This wonderful set of ingredients will come together to make a beautifully layered treat, that has a gooey, chocolatey texture and a sweet, delectable flavor. This recipe is very easy to make and will be made in no time. Be sure to write down this recipe for the books!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in this recipe.
- Sugar- The best desserts have sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Pumpkin puree- You need to make sure to use the Pumpkin puree and not the filling.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose flour because it will give you the best results.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This pumpkin pie spice will give your bars the pumpkin flavor.
- Baking soda- The baking soda will help with the rising of your ingredients in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will help bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Nutella- The Nutella will give the bars that chocolatey flavor in your bars.
How to Make Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
- You will need to set your oven to 350 degrees. Use baking spray to spray a 9×13 pan.
- Mix the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree until combined.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and beat until well mixed.
- Pour in half the batter into the prepared pan and evenly spread.
- Add dollops of Nutella into the batter using a small spoon.
- Then, use the remaining batter and spread onto the bottom half.
- Add more dollops of Nutella onto the batter. And slowly swirl in the Nutella again.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until you can place a toothpick into the bars and comes out clean of any wet batter.
Does the Pumpkin Make These Healthier?
There are no negative consequences for eating pumpkin. Having pumpkin in this recipe is healthier in the sense of having it in the bars. However, the pumpkin in this recipe is added simply for flavor and does not make these bars healthy in any way.
Do I Need to Refrigerate Homemade Pumpkin Bars?
The Nutella Pumpkin Bars can be left out at room temperature. However, placing in the fridge will help with the shelf life of your bars. You will need to make sure to place them in a sealed airtight container.
More Amazing Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Delicious Pumpkin Streusel Pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Pumpkin Donuts with Buttermilk Glaze
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Pie
Nutella Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 and spay a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time until combined.
- Beat in the pumpkin and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan.
- Using a small spoon, drop dollops of Nutella onto the batter.
- Using a butterknife, swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter onto the bottom half.
- Drop more dollops of Nutella onto the top of the batter.
- Gently swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Place bars into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying!