If you are a peanut butter lover, this is the best Old Fashion Peanut Butter Pie recipe you can find. This pie is rich and creamy and perfect for every occasion. Topped with chocolate ganache, this peanut butter pie needs to be made over and over again.
If you can not get enough peanut butter and chocolate, you have to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake too.
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
This old fashion peanut butter pie is one of those desserts that doesn’t seem like it will be something that is such a hit, but one bite of this peanut butter pie and everyone will be asking for the recipe. This is one of my most requested desserts when it comes to pot lucks, holidays and parties.
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
First, crush the Oreos. You can use a food processor or a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.
Mix in the melted butter and press the crust into place and place in the freezer.
Using a mixer, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and well combined and creamy.
In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream into stiff peaks.
Then fold the whipping cream into the peanut butter mixture.
Remove crust from freezer and pour the filling inside of the crust.
Spread the filling evenly in the crust and place the pie into the refrigerator overnight.
Using a small pot, pour in the heavy whipping cream and place over medium to high heat.
Once the heavy cream starts to simmer, pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
Whisk the chocolate and cream together until it is smooth
Gently pour the ganache over the peanut butter pie and smooth it out evenly.
Heat the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds.
Once heated, put the peanut butter in a piping bag.
Cut the tip off and drizzle over the ganache in criss-cross patterns
Pipe whipped cream around the edge of the pie.
Is This Also Called a Mennonite Peanut Butter Pie?
Sometimes, you can find this pie called Mennonite Peanut Butter pie. Sometime you will find it without the chocolate ganache and sometimes it is made with crunchy peanut butter. These are all variations of this classic cold fashion peanut butter pie.
How Long is Peanut Butter Pie Good For?
You want to make sure that this peanut butter pie stays in the refrigerator, covered well. The pie will last about 5 days as long as it is stored properly.
Other Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes You Will Love
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 C crushed oreo cookies
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C peanut butter
- Whipped cream for topping
- Using a food processor or ziplock bag and rolling pin, grind up the oreo cookies until crushed
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crust into the pie dish and place into the freezer
Peanut Butter Fillings directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and combined
- In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks the heavy whipped cream
- Fold the whipped cream into the powdered sugar
- Remove crust from freezer and pour the filling inside
- Spread the filling evenly in the crust
- Place back into the fridge overnight.
- Using a small pot, pour the heavy whipping cream and place over medium to high heat
- Once the heavy cream starts to simmer, pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 2 minutes
- Whisk until smooth
- Gently pour over the peanut butter pie and smooth evenly
- Scoop the peanut butter into a small microwave dish and heat for 30 second to soften it
- Scoop the peanut butter into the disposable piping bag
- Cut the tip off and drizzle over the ganache
- Pipe whipped cream around the edge of the pie
- Cut and serve !