This Peanut Butter Pie recipe is inspired by our love of the Tagalong Girl Scout cookies. With one thick layer of peanut butter and one layer of delicious chocolate ganache, you will love this dessert!
Peanut Butter Pie
Because we are totally in love with Girl Scout Cookies (who isn’t??) we thought we’d make a Tagalong Pie inspired by one of our faves.
The crust of this dessert is a flaky, buttery crust that I am totally in love with. Plus, it’s just four ingredients. You can’t beat that
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
Once you’ve made your homemade crust (or buy your favorite from the store, I won’t tell anyone!) you’ll be ready for the filling.
The peanut butter layer is incredibly simple to make. Just use a mixer to combine the three ingredients and pour onto the crust.
Let that chill for a couple of hours then move onto the delicious chocolate ganache.
Take your time melting all the ingredients and be careful not to burn the chocolate. That is the key to this Peanut Butter Pie.
Grab your chilled pie from the fridge and coat it with ganache. All done!
This recipe is so good and pretty simple.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 3/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
Peanut butter filling
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees and line a 9inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the ring with pam baking spray. Set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter for approximately 2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually beat in the flour and continue to mix until a dough starts to form.
- Press the dough down into the bottom of the 9inch spring form and place into the oven, baking for 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Peanut butter filling directions:
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and combined.
- Pour over the cooled crust and place into the fridge for two hours.
Chocolate ganache directions
- Pour the 2 C of chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl.
- Using a small sauce pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering.
- Pour the heated heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for one minute.
- Using a whisk, whisk the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the peanut butter layer and smooth into a thick layer.
- Place the few tablespoons of peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl, and heat on 20 seconds until smooth.
- Scoop into the piping bag and cut the tip off.
- Pipe lines across the top of the chocolate ganache.
- Using a knife, pull the knife through the lines going in opposite directions.
- Allow the ganache to harden completely before cutting and enjoying!
- 1 Disposable piping bag