When you want a cocktail that has a serious punch, you want to make a Penitent Punch. This Wine Long Island Iced Tea is a twist on the original that comes out tasting like a flavorful punch.
Penitent Punch- -Wine Long Island Iced Tea
What is a Penitent Punch Long Island Iced Tea Cocktail? It is similar to a Long Island Iced Tea with a red wine twist. It is perfect for any wine lover. Made with mostly alcohol and a touch of lemonade, this cocktail might be a shot lover’s dream.
- Tequila- Since this is a very strong flavor in the cocktail, make sure you are using a high-quality tequila.
- Vodka- You can use regular flavored vodka or for a twist, use lemon flavored.
- Lemonade- This can be a premade lemonade or you can use fresh made.
- Red Wine- Use your favorite red wine to give this the best flavor.
How to Make Wine Long Island Iced Tea
Using a cocktail shaker, add the ingredients except for the wine.
Shake well to combine.
Pour the cocktail over ice and then top with the red wine.
How Strong is a Penitent Punch?
When making this as an 8 ounce cocktail, half of it is alcohol. While the wine is not normally high in alcohol content, the other alcohols are and together this is a strong cocktail.
What Alcohol is in a Long Island Iced Tea?
Since this drink is a twist on a traditional Long Island Ice Tea, you will want to use tequila, vodka and red wine.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Easy Giggle Juice Cocktail
- Strawberry Pineapple Cocktail
- Jamaican 10 Speed Cocktail
- American Cocktail
- Jack Frost Cocktail
Penitent Punch Long Island Iced Tea Cocktail
Ingredients for penitent punch:
- 1/2 oz Tequila
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz lemonade
- 1 oz Red Wine
- Mix the tequila, vodka, lemonade, in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine
- Pour over ice in an 8oz glass and top with red wine.