This peppermint fudge recipe is layered with dark chocolate and white chocolate and topped with the crunch of candy canes.
Fudge is one of my favorite things to make at Christmastime because it’s so tasty and it is by far one of the easiest treats to make. Plus, I know I can’t mess it up even if I tried! One of my favorites is Pumpkin Spice fudge and we have a huge list of over 40 holiday fudge recipes.
If you make a big batch of fudge every Christmas to take to your holiday parties or your office this is one you will want to try. The flavor of peppermint and chocolate goes together so well.
Fudge is so easy to make, you just need two basic ingredients: chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Then, to add that peppermint fudge kick, you add in just a bit of peppermint extract, crushed candy canes and peppermint chocolate chips.
Tips for Making Peppermint Fudge
One of the best fudge hacks I’ve ever heard is to first oil your pot before you put your ingredients in to melt. Use a pastry brush and a bit of oil to coat the pot. It makes it so much easier to get the fudge out when it’s ready.
The second tip is to always line your pan with parchment paper (not aluminum foil) so you can cut and remove the fudge easily once it’s cooled.
Whatever fudge you make this holiday season, I’m sure it will be great!
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk (I used 2 14-oz cans)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup crushed candy canes
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with baking spray; set aside.
- Using a small sauce pan, combine the semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk on low-medium heat, stirring consistently until melted.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Using another small sauce pan, combine the white chocolate chips and last can of sweetened condensed milk..
- Once the chocolate is melted, mix in the peppermint extract and 1/3 of the crushed candy canes and peppermint chocolate chips.
- Pour the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes.
- Allow to cool overnight before cutting into 1inch squares the next day.