Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash is a delicious cocktail that has a touch of lemon with a rich plum nectar flavor that is sweetened with maple syrup. Once the whiskey is added, this becomes a flavorful cocktail that is perfect for summer.
Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash
- Plums– Cut the plums into wedges for this drink
- Pure maple syrup- The maple syrup gives an amazing flavor.
- Whiskey- You can use any type of whiskey you like.
- Plum nectar juice- The plum nectar has a burst of plum flavor.
- Lemons- You will be using the lemon juice as well as lemon slices
- Mint- The mint is used for garnish
How to Make a Plum Citrus Whiskey Smash
Using a cocktail shaker, muddle the plum and add the maple syrup
Add the plum nectar, whiskey, and a few pieces of ice and shake well.
Pour the cocktail into a glass with more ice and add plum wedges, lemon slices, and mint for garnish.
Can a Whiskey Smash Become a Frozen Cocktail?
If you want to make this Whiskey Smash a frozen cocktail you will want to blend it in a high-speed blender with ice. Normally, you want about 1 cup of ice per cocktail. Then blend the cocktail until it is a slushy consistency.
What’s the Best Whiskey For This Cocktail?
I rarely recommend a certain whiskey because I think the best whiskey is the one you like the best. That being said, the better the whiskey the smoother the cocktail will taste.
More Cocktail Recipes
- American Cocktail
- McGregor Irish Cream Cocktail
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Butterscotch Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Cocktail with Chocolate
Plum Citrus Whiskey
- 2 plum wedges
- 1/2 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 oz whiskey
- 2 oz Plum nectar juice
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Plum slices lemon slices and mint for garnish
- Muddle the plum, and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- To muddle means to press the ingredients ( plum pieces ) against the side of the cocktail shaker or glass with a muddler.
- Add the whiskey, plum nectar, and 3-4 pieces of ice and shake.
- Add plum wedges, sliced lemons and mint for garnish.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!