These Pumpkin Butter Beer Cookies are so delicious. I love the flavors of pumpkin and butterscotch together, it’s amazing! These will be a really great fall dessert and perfect for Thanksgiving, too.
Why You’ll Need
These butter beer pumpkin cookies are made with pantry staples plus walnuts, butterscotch chips, and pumpkin puree. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Baking soda – Helps the cookies rice
- Pumpkin pie spice – Adds a warm flavor throughout the dough.
- Butter – Be sure to allow it to come to room temperature. Since we’re also adding salt, it’s best to use unsalted butter.
- Dark brown sugar – Dark brown sugar sweetens the cookies and adds a light molasses flavor.
- Pumpkin puree – Grab a can at the store or use homemade pumpkin puree. It’s up to you!
- Butterscotch chips – Help add the butter beer flavor to the cookies.
- Walnuts – Chopped walnuts add texture to these cookies.
How to Make Pumpkin Butter Beer Cookies
These unique pumpkin cookies are easier to make than you may think!
- Make the batter. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter until smooth then add the sugars and vanilla until light and fluff. Add the pumpkin puree. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Once combined, fold in the butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Bake. Use an ice cream scoop to place balls of dough on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Butter Beer Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt in a bowl.
- Using a mixer beat the butter until smooth. Add both sugars and vanilla beating on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Continue to beat while adding the pumpkin puree.
- Once all of these ingredients are well blended slowly begin to add in the flour mixture. Turn off the mixer and using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture until it begins to disappear.
- Gently add in the butterscotch chips and chopped walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop measure out the cookie dough balls.
- Place each dough ball on the baking sheet leaving space between each cookie. Roll the dough into a ball for baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-16 minutes.
- The edges of the cookies should be a golden color.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack.