Calling all cupcake lovers! This amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe may become a new favorite in your household. The pumpkin and chocolate flavors complement each other so well. This is the perfect dessert to share with your friends and family for any occasion.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
These pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes are truly the best of both worlds, with pumpkin cupcakes laced with chocolate chips. The recipe is made with pantry staples and the directions are easy to follow, resulting in incredibly sweet, moist, and chocolatey cupcakes every time.
What You’ll Need
These easy cupcakes are made with pantry staples. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose for the best results.
- Cornstarch- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Baking powder & baking soda – Both ingredients help the cupcakes rising during baking.
- Salt- This will bring the flavors out in your recipe.
- Spices – Cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg give these pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes a warm fall flavor.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Sugar – Both granulated and light brown sugar are used to sweeten these cupcakes.
- Eggs- Use your eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Pumpkin puree- Be sure to use the puree and not the pumpkin filling.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Chocolate chips- This will be placed on top of your cupcakes.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Dark Hershey cocoa- This will be mixed in with your frosting to make the brown color.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be used to frost your cupcakes.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
These chocolate chip pumpkin cupcakes are easy to make and come together in just a few simple steps.
- Combine the ingredients. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the oil and sugars until combined then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in the pumpkin puree then beat in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake. Scoop the batter into cupcake liners, filling them 3/4 full. Bake for 21 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the frosting. Beat together the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and heavy whipping cream until combined and smooth.
- Decorate the cupcakes. Transfer a cup of frosting into a piping bag. Then use a small ice cream scooper to scoop a mound of frosting on each cupcake, smoothing slightly with a butter knife. Top with mini chocolate chips. Pipe additional frosting on the chocolate chips then enjoy!
What Flavor Icing Goes with Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes?
This Pumpkin Chocolate Cupcakes are made with the most delicious frosting. This recipe uses and chocolate buttercream frosting. But, you can also use this Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.
How to Store Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
To keep your chocolate chip pumpkin cupcakes nice and moist, you’ll want to be sure to store them properly.
- Counter. These frosted cupcakes can sit on the counter in an airtight container for up to a day.
- Fridge. To extend the shelf life, place the cupcakes in the fridge. They’ll last for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Snowball Cookies
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Croissants with Maple Glaze
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate frosting Ingredients
- 1 ½ C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- ¾ C dark hershey cocoa
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 ½ C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and the cloves
- Using another large bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, and sugar until combined
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until
- Gradually beat in the pumpkin puree
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners about ¾ way full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
Chocolate Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, and heavy whipping cream until combined and smooth
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some frosting out and scoop it on top of the cupcake
- Smooth slightly with a butter knife to make a mound of chocolate frosting
- Coat the frosting with the mini chocolate chips
- Pipe frosting on top of the chocolate chips